Dyno Day?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm not sure why but this thing freakin screams! I've heard several and it does seem louder.
I remember goofing off with Christian on I-5 on the way back from a dyno up north and he said he could hear my blower even when I was 1/4 mile ahead of him! Hope it stays together!:rockon: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :beer:

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Perhaps... but you haven't heard mine either... lol. Will took off or was outside, and Greg wasn't there yet. Every time I hear this thing I think there's engine noise coming through the speakers or something... maybe because I took the hood blanket off... Anyways... no rushing any decisions... better to enjoy the summer. This weekend will be the 1st long road trip with it.. going over to Spokane for the weekend.. should be cool to open it up on the highways.. LOL.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
I just caught up reading all your posts. Sounds like ya'll had fun. Wish I could have been two places at once.

WOW, is all i have to say at Will's wheels. Can't wait to see them in person. Now go and put some mileage on that bad boy and take me for a spin. ;)

Oxford Snake

Established Member
saleen09 said:
Dave, thanks for picking on me and my lowely UNDERSPUN Eaton.... :)

I have IAT1/IAT2 logged. I was between 89-98 ( Dave has the log and can chime in)if I remember correctly. Greg/Damon, it would be interested to see where y'all are at.

I was not picking on you, more like commending you.

You were pushing 4 less pounds of boost and made 11 more ponies. Now put a lower on there with just a tad more boost and get that torque up there.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
Scott,

I feel the best setup is the 2.93" upper with a 4lb lower. If you are sticking with the 2.76" then I would go with a 2lb lower.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Maybe it would be easy enough (and interesting) to test a few different set-ups on the same car up @ Meredian on the next dyno session. Thinking more of swapping uppers, not lowers. A few hubs, few belts, swap the idlers, etc.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
If he's still runnin that 2.76 upper I'm sure it'll be the 2# lower. I just found out that Billetflow doesn't do a 2.81... maybe because its so similar to a 2.76. Any localk Billetflow pullies for sale (preferrably in clear lol). Don't feel like droppin another $150 for a pulley & belt right now. Moving expenses, etc.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
shznit said:
If he's still runnin that 2.76 upper I'm sure it'll be the 2# lower. I just found out that Billetflow doesn't do a 2.81... maybe because its so similar to a 2.76. Any localk Billetflow pullies for sale (preferrably in clear lol). Don't feel like droppin another $150 for a pulley & belt right now. Moving expenses, etc.
I have a BF 2.76 in clear and was looking for 2.93. I might have a trade deal with VR007. I'll see if we still have a deal before I commit to selling it.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Great numbers, Will. I like that license plate frame. :)

Those rims are amazing! I look forward to seeing them out on the road.

Brent - I look forward to seeing some numbers on a dynojet with the 22* tune. Holy moly!!

I was down in Portland on the 25th and we were just lucky enough to get stuck behind that wreck that shut down I5 for four hours through Federal Way.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Tyler, I can't thank you enough for the license plate frame. I cruise it with pride!

Greg, do you still have that 3#'er? Selling?

BigHuge

Big Huge SVT Poster
Established Member
Just got off the phone with Brad’s Custom Auto, pick the Cobra up tomorrow.
Here’s the list of upgrades.

Liberty Gear 26 Spline Input Shaft / Shim kit, Spec 3+ Clutch Kit and Fly Wheel,
Throwout Bearing Retaininer Sleeve, Clutch Quadrant & Firewall Adjuster, C&L Cold Air intake,
BilletFlow IRS Brace, Level 5 Halfshafts with Chromloy Inner CV’s and Line Lock Kit (front brakes).

Cobra’s Just Flat @@s ROCK…………..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread