Dyno Day?

Oxford Snake

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
So whats the conversion from MD to Dynojet?

There is no direct conversion and I don't trust Mustang dyno #s because the operator can "adjust" the numbers by the amount they load the dyno.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
What did you other guys make? Say a few driving on 18. Heard many didnt show due to the rain. :rollseyes

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Agreed with Oxford.

Mustang Dyno's are better for tuning.

Dynojet Dyno's are better for actual hp/tq numbers.

That being said, it was great meeting up with everyone. Too bad our day got spoiled by the threat of rain which didn't come for till nearly 5 hours later. John at HP Ranch is an outstanding gentleman.

I thought I had made a mistake by leaving my camera there, having to turn around and go get it. BBUUTT, when I got there, Mystichrome04 was there and we had a personal BS session for a bit with John, including some more burgers/cokes......Good times.

Thanks to BigHuge for setting this all up. Even roped John into tuning my turbo coupe project next month.......:)

My performance was exactly what I was looking for. Good numbers, conservative tune with a rock solid A/F. 468WHP/459WTQ. Will be heading out to Meridian Performance in a couple of weeks with Dave for some comparative numbers.....

I'll post pics a little later on...

AND, I saved the best for last. Since I think I b1tched/moaned to everyone about my wheel/FedEx saga, here are my new wheels on the car.Well, one side anyways until FedEx decides to deliver the other wheels. CCW 505A's, 19X8.5 front, 19X11 rear with Michelin Pilot sports all the way around. The Saleens looked darn good, but these really set the car off IMHO. The rears only weigh 21 lbs......

I am seriously bummed I didn't get these on the car in time.

CCW2.jpg

CCW3.jpg

CCW4.jpg

CCW5.jpg

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Heres mine. 463/498. 19* of timing. 11.4 a/f

+1 for Johns shop. Very nice setup and easy going guy. Thanks for the burgers! Was looking forward to all the Cobras but maybe next time.

Love your wheel setup Will! Looks pretty sick!

saleen09

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments on the wheels. Been eyeballing these for 2+ years and can't afford the 5k+ the setup would cost me new. Was patient and waited for a set to come up used.....saved a boatload so I could actually afford them. The saleens looked great but it seemed as though right after I got mine, everyone else did too. I wanted something different/unique...

Numbers this time were 468WHP/459WTQ.

My old numbers before the fuel mods, ported blower, and MAF were 481WHP/447WTQ at Marysville Speed and Custom. A big reason I want to head to Meridian is to compare....

HEre are the pics I got at the dyno :

dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg

dd3.jpg

dd4.jpg

dd5.jpg

dd6.jpg

dd7.jpg

dd8.jpg

dd9.jpg

dd10.jpg

dd11.jpg

dd12.jpg

dd1.jpg

dd13.jpg

dd14.jpg

dd15.jpg

dd16.jpg

dd17.jpg

dd18.jpg

dd19.jpg

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
saleen09 said:
Numbers this time were 468WHP/459WTQ.
My old numbers before the fuel mods, ported blower, and MAF were 481WHP/447WTQ at Marysville Speed and Custom. A big reason I want to head to Meridian is to compare....
At Meridian mine were 505/520 but that was before the 4# lower and o/r Prochamber. Maybe I'll tag along to Marysville to compare as well.
Great pics btw.

BigHuge

Big Huge SVT Poster
Established Member
Big Huge came in with the following numbers: 567 RWHP / 544 WTQ / 11.6 AF / 18* of timing.

Thanks to John. It was great to meet all the people that showed up today.
COBRA'S JUST FLAT @SS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Will, the rims look AWESOME.

Last edited:

Oxford Snake

Established Member
How much boost Mark? Spray?

I was going to head down but the rain had me worried. I didn't want to be caught in the rain on the bike.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
Glad you guys had a good time. Wish I could have brought the Roush out, but still under the weather today, but we made some progress in the '89 project.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Some great numbers!

Sunny and breezy on the east side of the state. Looks like another dyno day in the near future over in Meridian?

BigHuge

Big Huge SVT Poster
Established Member
Oxford, boost was 20.6 with no spray on pump gas (92).
Did not have the NOS hooked up due to the change in cold air intake.
The Cobra go's to Brad's Monday for all the drive train work and at that time they will add a C&L intake and tap it for the NOS fitting.

Last edited:

saleen#468

Established Member
my numbers werent as impressive as the rest of you guys but i was pretty happy. I expected to get 300 and ended up with 310/310 which are the best #'s ive seen so far on an 05+ with just an intake and tune.

saleen09

Established Member
saleen#468 said:
my numbers werent as impressive as the rest of you guys but i was pretty happy. I expected to get 300 and ended up with 310/310 which are the best #'s ive seen so far on an 05+ with just an intake and tune.

Whatever..... you need to look at those number comparatively.

For an old 5.0 guy like me, you need a decent Heads/Cam/Intake/Exhaust for those numbers.

You spent 10 mins flashing your car and twisted the screw driver for 15 mins and got thsoe numbers. That's awesome.

Your car was probably the nicest one there.........sweet ride.

Users who are viewing this thread