DYNO: car is a beast, tires not up to it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I drove 2.5hr each way and took the car to my good friend Rick at amazon tuning to finish up the car today. I can't say enough about the guy as he goes far and above what any tuner has to. huge thanks to him. well, I brought everything I needed with me except good tires- they spun on the dyno like crazy today. and it's my fault cause I just let the car sit most of the time (it did turn 39k miles today though) and the rear tires are 6 years old and hard. we even took the air pressure to 24psi and put myself and another guy in the trunk to help but no dice after 5k the car just burns them off-huge smoke cloud! anyways I did get readings you guys would appreciate on the mustang dyno there- the run had 15*, 93oct, 15psi and was pulled to 5k. It did 571tq for reference in the graph. We finished all the tuning and WOT afr runs with 17.5psi and 6800rpm but couldn't get accurate numbers with the spinning- so enjoy
20150401_185411_zpswywnpijg.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
Are mustang dyno's harder to get the tires to hook up on or what? I've been at livernois for over 2 years and haven't had a single issue with tires spinning. Sounds like good numbers for it spinning tho. I wonder how good that upper rpm tune is if it was indeed spinning, since it then just revs way quicker with no traction how accurate will the tuning be?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Are mustang dyno's harder to get the tires to hook up on or what? I've been at livernois for over 2 years and haven't had a single issue with tires spinning. Sounds like good numbers for it spinning tho. I wonder how good that upper rpm tune is if it was indeed spinning, since it then just revs way quicker with no traction how accurate will the tuning be?

not the dyno's fault at all, it's the tires-the tread was even shiny- they need to be replaced for tractions purposes for sure. as for the tune- it's spot on- we even took it out on the street and verified everything. 11.2 AFR at it's fattest point, max timing at 15.5 degrees due to 93 octane and 10:1 CR

cj428mach

Established Member
I hope nobody reading this decides to go to Amazon now, as there was several threads of people getting screwed by them in the lounge.

TXEnginerd

Established Member
If he's done a good job for you then that's great. Maybe he does better work in person. My remote experience with him was awful and I've heard the same from others. I'm glad I do my own tuning now.

cj428mach

Established Member
do you have any experience with Rick? if not- STFU
Yes I can say I've been an unsatisfied customer of their's.

how did this turn into an amazon tuning bash all of the sudden?

There have been several threads of people getting totally screwed by them, and most of us don't want that to happen to others. It was pretty funny that every few months there would be someone totally explode in their vendor section after getting jacked around.

Users who are viewing this thread