Dyno after 1320 port job

Islandcat

Established Member
Recently got my car back from the shop. Got my trinity blower porter by 1320 junkie. I have attached the before and after on 100 octane torco tune. Pretty happy with the gains. I know people say it’s hard to feel that difference at these power levels, but the car feels like it pulls cleaner and harder in mid-upper rpm range, Or at least in my mind it does lol.

my mods are

2.3 trinity with 2.4 upper stock lower
1320 port job
123 jlt cai
67mm tb
1-7/8 kooks long tube headers
Kooks off-road h-pipe
Stock 2.5 pipes out the back into stock muffler

I believe that is it in regards to power making mods.

I think I am all tapped out on power mods unless I throw a cam in, but I have a lot of miles on my car and would want to rebuild engine to go with cams so that is a good ways off. Overall my car is hard enough to handle and spins too much now so I think I am done, but it’s hard to resist the sound of some cams though. Lol. We will see.

Attachments

• A90F632D-961F-4E55-9DC9-F2543257A12E.jpeg
    A90F632D-961F-4E55-9DC9-F2543257A12E.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 588

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
This is easier to read. That's pretty impressive if the only change is the port.

IC graph.jpg

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Terrific results OP. My best part is the reshaped TQ curve which comes up sooner, higher and flatter across your power band. But HP gains from 5400+ is sweet ! Can I ask what gears you are running and if your on the stock Oil Pump Gear & Sprocket?

Islandcat

Established Member
This is easier to read. That's pretty impressive if the only change is the port.

View attachment 1629363

Terrific results OP. My best part is the reshaped TQ curve which comes up sooner, higher and flatter across your power band. But HP gains from 5400+ is sweet ! Can I ask what gears you are running and if your on the stock Oil Pump Gear & Sprocket?

thanks cat monkey. I don’t really know how to post pics on here too good. And yes it’s just the port job that is the difference. The before was done before they took supercharger off. It closely matches my old dyno sheets ( slightly more hp about +10, slightly less torque about -10) . If I heard and understood my tuner correctly, he said he didn’t touch the tune. Put the ported supercharger back on, checked everything on dyno and he said it was good to. Which I was surprised, I thought he would have to retune.

Jam421, I got 3:73 gears and no I haven’t changed oil pump or sprocket. That’s why he shut it down at 6500 even though it looks like it’s still climbing a tad. He said the Rpms were starting to make him nervous lol. And I agree about the torque curve. I love it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s crazy but I did this same comparison almost SIX YEARS AGO. Just crazy how time flys.
With the Gen 2R this became less popular, but the ported Trinity blower makes great power.
I found a huge mid range and topend increase with Jays port work also.
Definitely will feel that improvement when you roll into it after 3000rpm.
Great post and comparison.
-J

PM-Performance

Established Member
It’s crazy but I did this same comparison almost SIX YEARS AGO. Just crazy how time flys.
With the Gen 2R this became less popular, but the ported Trinity blower makes great power.
-J
How reliable is the 2R compared to the Trinity though? I have seen way too many issues with 2-2R blowers.
Honestly though, for the price of the 3 right now, it is hard to justify porting the Trinity. But again now we come into reliability questions.

enormous

Established Member
Your dyno graphs has me intrigued to port my Trinity. My friend who ported numerous Cobra SC's schooled me on self porting then checked in time to time on my progress, abled me to confidently ported my factory Eaton with good results.

Now with plenty of time on my hands after being idled at work, ( I work for FoMoCo in the Coyote 5.0 machining Dept. ) I just may pull the Trinity and improve flow to the best of my ability. It is quite easy thanks to my good friends teaching and everything I have learned reading the Shelby forums.

Islandcat

Established Member
-J

did you make a thread about it? I would love to read about your results and see if it matches mine. After driving my car more I totally agree with you, it definitely pulls harder from 3000 on.

How reliable is the 2R compared to the Trinity though? I have seen way too many issues with 2-2R blowers.
Honestly though, for the price of the 3 right now, it is hard to justify porting the Trinity. But again now we come into reliability questions.

Yea I kinda looked hard at just getting a gen 3, but I was like screw it, I rather port mine even though it wouldn’t have been all that much money to upgrade. My tuner has had a gen 3 at his shop recently and he said it did 682 at 15lbs of boost. I don’t know if that was race gas or not. My 93 tune would be right around that number, although I am pushing more boost and am ported.

Your dyno graphs has me intrigued to port my Trinity. My friend who ported numerous Cobra SC's schooled me on self porting then checked in time to time on my progress, abled me to confidently ported my factory Eaton with good results.

Now with plenty of time on my hands after being idled at work, ( I work for FoMoCo in the Coyote 5.0 machining Dept. ) I just may pull the Trinity and improve flow to the best of my ability. It is quite easy thanks to my good friends teaching and everything I have learned reading the Shelby forums.

If you can do some port work I say go for it. It definitely seems worth the gains to me. And sorry to hear about you being off for the time being. I am guessing it’s due to this Coronavirus? Hopefully this shot gets out of here quick and we can go back to normal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice gains! Great that a number of shops over the years decided to offer blower porting services. 1320 Junkie is a great shop. But, one thing that I DIDN'T know is that they're located 25 minutes from where I live. :cool: I see that they recently ported a 2020 GT-500 blower.

HKusp

Established Member
Yea I kinda looked hard at just getting a gen 3, but I was like screw it, I rather port mine even though it wouldn’t have been all that much money to upgrade. My tuner has had a gen 3 at his shop recently and he said it did 682 at 15lbs of boost. I don’t know if that was race gas or not. My 93 tune would be right around that number, although I am pushing more boost and am ported.
I have a Gen2r with 52lb'ers AND KB bap and put down 656 RWHP on a dynojet 3 weeks ago on 93 octane. I am running out of injector there, with some 1050's I could have plenty more with that Gen2R.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member

I'm betting Islandcat had the hump for the EGR valve cut out and extended the EGR plate which smooths out the rear portion of the plenum. I don't think you'll pick up near that much power with just a port in the original configuration.

Islandcat

Established Member
5E234568-EE32-428F-9A73-67543F871C15.jpeg
View attachment 1630164
I'm betting Islandcat had the hump for the EGR valve cut out and extended the EGR plate which smooths out the rear portion of the plenum. I don't think you'll pick up near that much power with just a port in the original configuration.

no it’s just the regular port job, I didn’t even think to do that.

my supercharger was bad off inside. 1320 thought it came off a blown engine. The guy I originally bought it from thought he had blown his and they had scratches on the rotors from some metal that got inside it. He sold it to me for cheap. Anyway that probably helped a lot with the difference. I had a shitty starting point lol. I attached a couple pics of the before.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is a professionally ported 3R.
You can see the before the 1320junkie pics above.
Lots of meat there to trim.
Any restriction to the rotors robs power.
An Eaton roots style blower does not compress or build boost in the case (unlike a twin screw, centrifugal or turbo) and moves air from one side of the rotors to the other. So the key is helping it do that, mainly by minimizing restriction before or after.
More air, more fuel, more power.
Lots of power to be made with a maximized 2R, I know.
-J

Attachments

• B76A490F-B8ED-4A9A-A951-88995ADFE4E4.jpeg
    B76A490F-B8ED-4A9A-A951-88995ADFE4E4.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 419

Elmo99

This is a professionally ported 3R.
You can see the before the 1320junkie pics above.
Lots of meat there to trim.
Any restriction to the rotors robs power.
An Eaton roots style blower does not compress or build boost in the case (unlike a twin screw, centrifugal or turbo) and moves air from one side of the rotors to the other. So the key is helping it do that, mainly by minimizing restriction before or after.
More air, more fuel, more power.
Lots of power to be made with a maximized 2R, I know.
-J
Just asking, I am doing my own TVS based port..
Did Junkie really port that rotor support like that?

Islandcat

Established Member
Cat monkey

Now that this thread is back up I want to tell you, you were right. The hump was cut out. I didn’t ask for it so I assumed it wasn’t done. I guess he just started doing all of them like that at the end. Still happy with it 1.5 years later.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy crap! 1110hp to the wheel. That is sick. Jokerz Performance IMO is the place to go to for porting. We've heard a lot about their ports here by SVTP members.

Users who are viewing this thread