Dynatech 3" from the x-pipe back?

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Just wondering what everyone is running from past the x-pipe to the tips (3in.)
Anyone running bolt on or is it mostly weld custom stuff.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm getting ready to install the JBA Super Snake 3" cat back today. I have a Lethal O/R X right now that I'm going to have to custom fit to the 3" cat back, but I probably won't keep it for long. The Lethal pipe has a rough fit and no matter what I do, I can't get it to stop leaking around the manifold. I'll probably end up modding the stock X into an H and then fit it to the 3" cat back.
I'll let you know how it sounds when I finish it up. Hopefully I can get it done today.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
One day I might break down a buy a 3in. When I did mine there was nothing out so I just had the 2 3/4 stock placed on the 3 in X. actually came out very nice with no drone

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I got mine done today. It sounds pretty good. It's a lot tamer than I thought it would be and to be honest, I'm thrilled to be rid of that dam O/R X pipe. The fit was great, but the adaption to the stock X pipe wasn't as clear cut as I thought it would be. We were easily able to stretch the stock X pipe ends out to fit inside the 3" pipe, but what I forgot to account for was the shortening of the pipe as I stretched it.
I ended up welding the axle pipes onto the X and will later make a joint somewhere else in order to make everything removable.
The JBA Super Snake kit is awesome though. I can't believe how well it fits in some of the tighter spots.

This might sound odd and I don't even know if its legit, but the car seems to have gained a little low end power by switching back to the stock X. It seems more responsive and the boost comes on quicker. Maybe its the back pressure or maybe its just my butt-o-meter being uncalibrated.... :lol:

Last edited:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
SLP headers into a 3" JBA cat-less "H" pipe with the 3" JBA/Shelby Exhaust. It's pretty loud but VERY DEEP.

Users who are viewing this thread