DVD Service Manual

nj7703

Established Member
I noticed this in the description "NOTE: These latest versions (post September 2003 version) all have EXPIRATION DATES one month out from the version date
( BUT-as a workaround, you will simply need to do four extra clicks before starting the program:
click on computer clock/date, roll it back one year, click OK. Your DVD can be used indefinitely!"

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
I truly feel that alot of those auctions are rigged. They start out at 5 bucks and when you put in an amount at least 6 times and it says I have been outbid when it never showed it. I think the person selling it ups the amount on purpose!

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by whitesnake03
I truly feel that alot of those auctions are rigged. They start out at 5 bucks and when you put in an amount at least 6 times and it says I have been outbid when it never showed it. I think the person selling it ups the amount on purpose!

Actually, that's how it's supposed to work.
What happened when you bid was you didn't bid higher than the last persons max bid. You should notice the bid price went up to what you had just tried bidding.

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
Yeah, I understand that, but what I am talking about it say for example, I put something up on auction, but have another account with ebay, so when the amount isn't high enough, I just put in a maximum bid for a certain amount to raise the amount up in order to get what I want for it. That is down right wrong!

Cobra-Master

Established Member
I bought one of these, and the POS won't install on my computer even after I rolled the date back on year. Total waste of $25.

Here's the error message I get when I try to do the install...

ERROR.JPG

:cuss:

Last edited:

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-Master
I bought one of these, and the POS won't install on my computer even after I rolled the date back on year. Total waste of $25.

Here's the error message I get when I try to do the install...

ERROR.JPG

:cuss:

That's strange, I haven't heard of anybody else having this problem.
This might be a dumb question but are you logged in with administrative rights while trying to do the install?

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
That's strange, I haven't heard of anybody else having this problem.
This might be a dumb question but are you logged in with administrative rights while trying to do the install?

I'm running Windows XP. I've installed a ton of other applications and programs.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Delete the directory that is stated in the error message and make sure no other applications are running (i.e. anti-virus) Give it a shot and let us know.

**edit** actually delete the whole 'temp' directory under that file structure**

David

Last edited:

Cobra-Master

Established Member
I deleted the entire directory, cleared my cache and tried it again and it still does the same sh*t!! This sucks.

71stang99

Established Member
yea, I cant count the # of times that I bid on something and the price escalates just near the closeout and the other bidder has 0 previous comments and had just registered, these are for items in the 1k range that would have been a much better deal if I wasnt being spoofed.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
Cobra-Master,

Do you have a CD Burner? If you haven't already, try using it instead.

i found this - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-125801

jrh99, I have a DVD-RW that I'm using. It's my main drive for everything from playing CD's, burning CD-R's, and DVD-R's, etc. I only have one drive. Thanks for the link, I didn't think about copyright protection.

I've tried copying the whole thing to my hard drive, and it gives me a similar error... it's like the DVD doesn't like my drive.

Could this be the copyright protection? If so, how do I get around it?

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread