During interior

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have never been a fan of the dark charcoal grey interiors in this gen of car. I just doesn’t feel or look like it suits the car. Has any one had any experience with dyeing the plastic? I know years ago it looked ok for a while but some wore through all the wear points. I am hoping they have made some improvements over the years. If you know anything about what products work and which ones don’t please chime in. I know it’s just a shot in the dark and I am not expecting to hear about great results but if you have any sort of info, I would love to hear about it

olympic

Established Member
I used SEM products to change the color of a few pieces in my F150. It turned out really nice but the finish is very fragile. If I rub the door panel with my shoe or the seatbelt buckle bounces off of it it'll take some paint off. You can fix the damage by just painting over it but it would become tiresome on a daily driver.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive seen a lot of the lightning guys do this over the years and never saw one I thought looked nice honestly. I can see color matching a trim piece or something but that's about it.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, you are both saying what I expected to hear, duribilty is the issue. This will not be on a daily, just a sunny Sunday car. While it won’t be driven much, it will see some use and having to constantly be on the look out for wear spots sounds like a PITA to me

Users who are viewing this thread