Duralast GT rotors & pads

lshin037

Established Member
Anyone here have experience with these?

Looking for rotors that would last a bit longer than the OEM (brembo pkg). It's a daily driver with no track outings. Specs looks good with high carbon content for durability/longevity and made in the USA.

lshin037

Established Member
I'm gonna try the Duralast pads on my fronts...

Ive had good experience with their ceramic pads. Just about the same performance but considerably less dust. Its gotten good reviews from the GT500 crowd. As far as the GT pads, theres one reviewer on youtube that said dusting is horrendous. I was gonna try the GT rotors with the gold ceramic pads.

96gt02

Established Member
I actually used to be a manager for Autozone and basically anything Gold or above were actually pretty decent brakes for the price. Very rarely was there ever an actually issue with the pads coming back other than your standard warranty fraud lol.

lshin037

Established Member
That was a long time ago. I think at the time they just gave me new ones when those wore out.

Are you talking about the rotors,pads, or both? It’s funny that you and @96gt02 mentioned this. I’ve read through some forums and some said they’ve been getting replacements for free. Not even for defects but for actual normal wear. They said some stores will deny the claim but most will just replace it. That’s crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Are you talking about the rotors,pads, or both? It’s funny that you and @96gt02 mentioned this. I’ve read through some forums and some said they’ve been getting replacements for free. Not even for defects but for actual normal wear. They said some stores will deny the claim but most will just replace it. That’s crazy!

Yeah, I'd just take in worn ones and they'd give me new ones. That was a long way back though.

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah

Yeah most stores will still do it regardless, although yeah its not suppose to work like that lol, but even if they give you a hard time all you have to do is say they were making noise or defective in some way and the people working their are typically clueless and you'll get them replaced.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Ive had good experience with their ceramic pads. Just about the same performance but considerably less dust. Its gotten good reviews from the GT500 crowd. As far as the GT pads, theres one reviewer on youtube that said dusting is horrendous. I was gonna try the GT rotors with the gold ceramic pads.
I bought the Centric blank rotors with the powerstop pads about a 1.5 years ago and HATE the dust, it's awful. Also one of the rotors is warped I have a bad vibration so going with duralast ceramic this time..

Users who are viewing this thread