Dubai... has anyone been there?

bossman429

Established Member
Me and the girlfriend are thinking about a trip there as a combined xmass present. We would be going in march. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has been there and had some advice as to which hotel and what to do. We want to be close to the beach but also close to the city so we can have a nightlife. Also money is a factor as we are 21 and 20, about 4 grand for flight and hotel max...

any ideas?

bunk22

Established Member
Been there twice, about a week each time. Unfortunetly it was back in 99 and don't remember much. I stayed in the Westin both times. There are literally 50 awesome hotels along the beach in Dubai.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Bar none the Al Berg is the best hotel in town and it's about 100 feet of shore on the beach. Spelling might be wrong but why go there. Not what I would call a party place for Americans. Yes they have party bars but you need to be with a local. Qatar is a better place to go in the middle east to party but don't expect a warm welcome for americans anywhere in the middle east! If you think am lying get caught doing something against a local and see what happens. They get caught doing the same thing to you and you'll be the when getting a hassle for trying to report it.

bossman429

Established Member
I'm not looking for a total party place. Its gonna be just me and the girl so im sure we're gonna want some alone time. Just seemed like an awesome place to go and I have heard alot about it. Plus we wanna go somwhere different. My first choice was a safari in africa but i dont think thats gonna go so well with her lol. What other places do you guys reccomend

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dubai has a nice goldf course and some hot racing events. I can't help much though Qatar is one place in the middle east where I have an insight.

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Not a big fan of the middle east in General. I spend way too much time there. I'm not sure about the safety issue in Dubai, but I personally would never take my wife over there. The way women are treated bothers me a lot. I do know that some of the hotels I've stayed at in Saudi and Kuwait were amazing over there.

Lance

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Sounds fun, I wouldn't mind going sometime in the future.

bossman429

Established Member
Well i completely changed my mind.... we booked a cruise to the caribean
cant wait to go on a 4x4 safari! lol total comes out to about 3grand with airfair for 2 people and ocean view room with insurance cant waiT!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
bossman429 said:
Well i completely changed my mind.... we booked a cruise to the caribean
cant wait to go on a 4x4 safari! lol total comes out to about 3grand with airfair for 2 people and ocean view room with insurance cant waiT!

Safari in the Caribbean??? :shrug:

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Yeah, I've flown over it many times on my way to and from Afghanistan to Qatar. Here's some pics. The hotel is the sail boat shaped building on the beach. The palm trees are being build up for houses to bebuilt on.

Lance
Expensive Hotel.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Marina in UAE
[/URL][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread