Dubai = America Jr.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I am watching CNBC, and it is just amazing what is going on over there.

In a few years, I may actually want to. . .go on vacation there. :eek:
http://www.fdimagazine.com/news/categoryfront.php/id/75/DUBAI.html
001-15.jpg

Last edited:

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
I was just watching the same show. Amazing isn't it? If I recall correctly, something like 25% of all the worlds biggest cranes are there right now building skyscrapers.....and Dubai is only the size of Rhode Island.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
SanDiego01Snake said:
oil is good to have

But they talked about how they are running out very quick and it only accounts for something like 20% of the country's income now. That's why their ruler/king/president has started investing all the country's money into tourism and luxury living. This is in hopes of keeping the country's income coming in.

They then went on to talk about how they are basically using slave labor from surrounding countries and from within the country's poor population. Average pay for long grueling construction work pays the equiv. of $200.00 per month.

bunk22

Established Member
The UAE is a polished turd. Nice hotels but other than that, I didn't like it. It's the middle east, the toilet boil of the world. My .02 :bored:

UCBeau

WOLFGANGSTA said:
But they talked about how they are running out very quick and it only accounts for something like 20% of the country's income now. That's why their ruler/king/president has started investing all the country's money into tourism and luxury living. This is in hopes of keeping the country's income coming in.

They then went on to talk about how they are basically using slave labor from surrounding countries and from within the country's poor population. Average pay for long grueling construction work pays the equiv. of $200.00 per month.
when the oil runs out, the middle east is going to be in a world of hurt

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
bunk22 said:
The UAE is a polished turd. Nice hotels but other than that, I didn't like it. It's the middle east, the toilet boil of the world. My .02 :bored:

I agree.
If I get R&R or vacation, my plane tickets will take me home first.

Been in Iraq going on 3 years, and there is no way I am doing this for fun...or even taking a few days R&R in something that reminds me of a cat litter box overrun with cockroaches.

Work is one thing, fun is another.

bready

Established Member
im awaiting for their resorts to open.

theres plenty of fast cars there too!

Users who are viewing this thread