Dual wastegate with single turbo

Packerfan88

Established Member
Sorry if this has been covered before but I have looked and didn't see anything. I have the on3 cold/hotside with dual waste gates and a 7675 precision turbo. I will have 2 different tunes. one for 91 octane and one for e85. What is a good boost level for 91 octane? with the psi level for 91 octane lets say 13psi do I put a 13psi spring in each wastegate? I would like to only put the 13 psi spring in each wastegate then use my manual boost controller to up the boost when switching to e85.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I would put a 10-12lb spring in. Good rule of thumb is your boost controller can double the spring rating, unless you have a leash or other controller that uses co2, then you don't even need a spring. Use the 10-12 lb as your base, do the pump gas tune on ~15 lbs or so and then 18-20 on e85.

Make sure you post up the numbers you make and how you like the on3 kit!

Packerfan88

Established Member
Ok awesome. I have a 13lb Spring in each wastegate. So I should switch them to 10lb springs?

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you already have 13's in I'd just leave them. You shouldn't ever need to go any less than that. Unless you plan on running 87 anyways lol.

Packerfan88

Established Member
Also I had the on3 Kit before with their 70mm and made 473/444 on 9psi Kit worked great for me. Built the motor cause I wanted more power

ctgreddy

Established Member
You have dual gates you won't have to worry about boost creep. Boost creep is almost only when you max out a gate and it can't hold the desired pressure anymore. Or I've seen it when you have a single gate that is only installed on one bank, not in the merge. Either way with your setup you should have nothing to worry about.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Sweet Let us know how it goes! What numbers are you hoping for? I'd bet on 91 you'll clear 600 even if you just run spring pressure. 800+ when you go to e85

Mystic03

Established Member
You have dual gates you won't have to worry about boost creep. Boost creep is almost only when you max out a gate and it can't hold the desired pressure anymore. Or I've seen it when you have a single gate that is only installed on one bank, not in the merge. Either way with your setup you should have nothing to worry about.

Anddd there's my issue gona be tough fitting the 44 to be in the merge pipe

Packerfan88

Established Member
Sweet Let us know how it goes! What numbers are you hoping for? I'd bet on 91 you'll clear 600 even if you just run spring pressure. 800+ when you go to e85

Well it's a mustang dyno so all the numbers will be low it's been down for months I'm just hoping to drive her again.

Packerfan88

Established Member
Hey ctgreddy, so i decided not to worry about the e85 tune until i get back from fabulous fords in april. so i will just do a 91 tune. Do you think i will be ok with 13 psi on 91? There is a lot of questions about torco additive but i was thinking about adding a can to each tank with 91 is that a good choice? After i get back from california next month i will only be using e85.

Users who are viewing this thread