dss drive shaft

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
Installed my dss drive shaft yesterday on my performance package car. The factory drive shaft was bit different then my 14. Where the drive shaft connects to the tail shaft of the tranny it was bolted onto a hard rubber spacer with metal bushings passing through it for the bolts. This I believe is where a lot of the drivetrain back lash is coming from. Once I got all of that out of the way the dss shaft went right in. Within the first 100 feet I could instantly tell a difference in the drive of the vehicle. A lot smoother no more backlash. its hard to say if the car is any faster lol but it did what I was hoping it was going to do and that was smooth things out a lot!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It probably feels better mentally just to get the factory steel monstrosity out of there. Do you have any pics of the DSS one installed?

ATTFighter

Established Member
Is dss the only driveshaft available right now for the 15's is it a direct fit carryover from the 11-14 mustang?

Speed Junky

Established Member
The DSS have different part numbers from the 11-14 and 15. BMR or Lethal installed a shaftmasters in their shop car, but it's not being offered yet.

14ksstang

Established Member
Gforce will also offer a drive shaft for our cars. They are busy right now trying to get the full production on the Ford racing half shafts then Chris is going to call me so he can get the measurements for theirs. They also will have ford 9" center section upgrades and even more stout half shafts and one piece drive shaft for the 15+ cars.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I do not know if it is the same as a 11-14 I will get pictures of this as well as my full 3 inch bassani catback up this weekend sorry been a busy week

Users who are viewing this thread