DSS CF driveshaft, MT82 insert and barton 2 post shifter

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Just got done installing the CF driveshaft, tranny insert and barton 2 post bracket and shifter today.

Car drives great with no vibration and very little whining (tested up to 120mph). I have factory 3.73's in the car. I'm very happy with the parts and the car is shifting and driving great. The carbon fiber drive shaft is truly a work of art!

The tranny insert IS NOT MODIFIED and did not give me any additional NVH and the shifter throws are very short and precise. The shifter is a little clunky going into gears but it is hardly noticeable.

My other suspension mods are:
FRPP Boss springs
Koni yellows
Steeda HD Mounts
BMR adjustable UCA
BMR mount
BMR LCA
BMR LCA Relocation bracket
BMR poly differential housing bushing
BMR adjustable PHB
All components are poly by the way

Wheels are
American muscle black and polished FR500's staggered 18x9/ 18x10 on nitto 555 (255/45/18) up front and 55R's (305/40/18) out back.

4A93B6B1-DE20-408A-B6DA-7A95A8E48FAF.jpg

Last edited:

1NA RUN

Established Member
Did the same upgrades to my drivetrain recently. Your car looks great! Are you sometimes in southwest ranches visiting a friend with a black Camaro who has a brother named Erick?

Joey8

Established Member
Hate the 18's on these cars....Looks like a V6 model

Wonder what you would say about a car running 15" wheels with a nice fat slick. ..:shrug: Didn't realize wheel size was an indication of what motor what under the hood

ajpturbo

Established Member
Wonder what you would say about a car running 15" wheels with a nice fat slick. ..:shrug: Didn't realize wheel size was an indication of what motor what under the hood

I would say it looks like a car ready for the drag strip.

Im surprised u didnt realize that....as far as wheels from the oem go its almost always a clear indicator of what trim level or engine is in a car....sure u can get an appearance package for lesser equiped car but u know what i mean and if u dont then i cant help u.....un-bunch ur panties for me please

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I would say it looks like a car ready for the drag strip.

Im surprised u didnt realize that....as far as wheels from the oem go its almost always a clear indicator of what trim level or engine is in a car....sure u can get an appearance package for lesser equiped car but u know what i mean and if u dont then i cant help u.....un-bunch ur panties for me please

93566306.jpg

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I'm interested in the CF Driveshaft too. Is it worth the money?

Nice choice on the rims btw I prefer a meatier tire too!

Thanks.

I have personally dealt with 1 piece aluminum drive shafts one old GT500 with full poly bushings. I've chased vibrations noises clunking and whining.

Given my past experience I wanted to try something new to hopefully avoid going through that again. Well I'm very happy given how smooth and vibration free the CF DS is.

Given the trouble I've gone through in the past with a 1 piece aluminum, I think the CF is worth every penny in my mind...

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Wait so no more drive shaft clunk? That might be worth it to me.

Don't get me wrong I still have a very very minor clunk due to all the poly bushings but it's expected.

But the clunk was reduced a good amount once I put the CF driveshaft on vs the stocker.

Users who are viewing this thread