DSS Carbon Fiber Driveshaft (03 - 04 Cobra)

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
I'm really suprized this is still available.... $700 shipped/insured for the best driveshaft available for a 2003/4 Cobra for this is a GREAT DEAL!

Must be everyone spent all their $$ for Christmas?

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
A couple of my observations. Just my $.02.

1. I think you are pretty close to the right asking price for it. Ultimately, the market you have available to you, will dictate the selling price.
2. I was and still am very interested in this CF DS. However, when I looked for information on the benefits of having a one, I wasn't convinced that I needed one unless I had bigger plans in mind for my car down the road.
3. Lastly, when I looked on DSS's website, they suggest getting a new 1350 Pinion Yoke for this DS at an additional $130 +/-. I know it's not required, but it would be for me. Which is something that I personally need to consider as the complete "pkg" price for this mod.

Even after all that, I'm still thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
This driveshaft already has the 1350 series rear yoke flange on it to bolt directly to the factory round pinion flange.

There’s no need for the other part your talking about....

I’d encourage you to call DDS and ask them...

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
They call out the need for adding their pinion yoke on their website in the write up. I get that they want to increase sales.... but why call it out?

Also, the picture in their advertising looks just like the picture in your post.

I'm not trying to bust your stones, I'm just trying to get clarification.

Thanks.
Screenshot_20191227-192931_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
I’d recommend you call DSS on Monday..... that’s just another part. The ad is confusing, since the driveshaft already has the 1350 yoke and forged pinion flange included.

Users who are viewing this thread