DSG 86k mile KB Cobra CHEAP!!!

shhak

Established Member
Ok, first things first.... The price is "THE PRICE"... We're not going to argue, haggle or dicker on it. The car is paid for and I've got over 25,000 square feet of empty shop space between the 6 buildings. This is not a "must sell" thread. The car is not perfect, please don't expect it to be. It is VERY nice, but if you're looking for something right off the showroom floor, please go see your local ford dealership.

Here we go:

2003 DSG Cobra. 86,xxx miles, KB twin screw supercharger (2.2 I believe but correct me if I'm wrong)

The good:
Paint is very nice, slick, and has very few chips. Less than you'd expect for an 86k mile car.
KB polished super charger....enough said!
60# injectors
twin GT pumps
Brembo front brakes
SCT LiveLink programmer with a street and race tune
Magnaflow exhaust with an off road H-pipe
NEW Chrome FR500 wheels 17x9's with Nitto 275/45/17 tires on front and 17x10.5's with new 315/35/17 Nitto Drag Radials on back.
HID headlights and fog lights
Digital wideband (not sure what year)
New MM bushings thru-out the IRS
New MM a-arm bushings up front

The Bad:
The radio works, but the speakers aren't hooked up. They were ran thru and amp and it stopped working. I took it out and never replaced it.
The rear wing has some spider web cracking in the paint, not bad, but I noticed it.
The front bumper has the license plate holes in it. some of you don't care, but I do...
The front end has a popping noise when you stop. I replaced the A-arm bushings and checked everything I thought it could possibly be. still there. I think someone used factory pads in those big calipers and they're moving around. Doesn't seem to effect anything, but I wanted to mention it.
the differential has a VERY small leak. Just needs to be resealed, but, once again, I wanted to mention it.

I have a dyno sheet somewhere showing this car making 630rwhp at 17#. I'll try to locate it between now and whenever the car sells.

I bought the car last fall, haven't driven it maybe 200 miles. I sold it to a buddy of mine back the end of April. He found another Fox body that he wanted so I bought the cobra back. It's sat in my shop ever since then.

We did a compression check on it last weekend. It had between 150-160# on all 8 cylinders. You're welcome to do a comprssion check on it while you're here if you'd like.

TITLE will be clear, however it is currently being processed by the state of Alabama. When I sold it to my buddy, he licensed and registered it but the title hasn't came back yet. I personally know the lady he used to apply for the title and she checks on it every couple of days thru Alabama's MV website. I will guarentee a clean/clear title with the car.

I am a licensed dealer in the state of Alabama so all buyers from Alabama will be required to pay sales tax here. All others will pay the taxes when you register it in your state.

PRICE: $16,500.

001-4.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited:

shhak

Established Member
The pictures look mineral grey, but I'm fairly sure it's DSG. It looks just like my DSG in the shop. Anyone know the paint code for either so I can be sure?

dblack

Established Member
VERY VERY interested.

Where is the dealership located? I am located just south of Huntsville, Al.

I have family stuff going on this weekend for the holiday but I would like to come take a look at it around Monday or Tuesday if that's possible.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
it definitely looks mineral gray which is a good thing :) and the kb doesnt have the longer snout like the 2.2 so i would venture to say its either a 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8. regardless, the car is beautiful and i wish you luck with the sale. great price for a great car.

shhak

Established Member
VERY VERY interested.

Where is the dealership located? I am located just south of Huntsville, Al.

I have family stuff going on this weekend for the holiday but I would like to come take a look at it around Monday or Tuesday if that's possible.

We're just east of Tuscumbia on highway 20. You can't miss us. We've got about 500 FEMA campers on our lot. Come on over!:beer:

shhak

Established Member
bump up top. Lots of interested people. Car will remain for sale until I have a deposit in my hand. Not holding it for anyone for anything less than a $500 deposit. Thanks

shhak

Established Member
Just an update... the title came back yesterday so we're good to go.

Got 4 people ready to put a deposit down on it, but I don't know how to be fair about this so here's what I'm going to do... Let me know how soon you can pick it up and whoever can get here first is going to get it.

The VIN is 1FAFP48Y13F301391

Users who are viewing this thread