Drunk Driving Pieces of Fecal Matter......

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Anyways, i'm driving to work one night and cruising down I 75. I'm one exit from my work when they're is a piece of wood dropped in the middle of the road. I hit it and tear the front suspension on my car, crack the fron bumper and now it creaks and rattles like crazy. Well I pull off to the side of the road, and they're is a cop already on scene. Apparently some dumbass drunk bitch passed out drunk behind a wheel and shot a piece of railroad tie it looked like in the middle of the road. Well, here it is I get a police report and everything else and give it to my insurance company thinking this will be they're fault. Get an estimate from a local mechanic and thinking everything is going to be honky doory and i'll get my car fixed within a week. Well, my insurance adjuster gets the report and apparently the drunk bitch doesn't have insurance, and he says that he will not take care of any of it. My insurance agent told me the only way to get 1800 dollars worth done to my car is to write them a letter with a copy of my estimate and cross my fingers, and hope they pay. They won't do anything to cover my friggin car. What in the hell do people do when the other party causes an accident and they have no insurance. This seems like total bs?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Your insurance company should pick up the tab if the other party has no insurance, isn't that why we have insurance? Of course they will probably tell you its your fault for hitting the object. Good luck.

Indiana

Established Member
there is a coverage for car insurance (i work for allstate) for uninsured motorists, if you don't have it, you won't be covered. the only way to recover your $$ is to go to small claims court and sue

Ripper

Established Member
Indiana said:
there is a coverage for car insurance (i work for allstate) for uninsured motorists, if you don't have it, you won't be covered. the only way to recover your $$ is to go to small claims court and sue

I have comprhensive on my car. They say that me hitting a piece of wood falling off a truck is a collision accident and not a comprehensive accident. Dunno, how to do the small claims court thing. May do it just because some drunk bitch shouldn't get away with messing up my car.

Indiana

Established Member
it would only be comp if you hit the wood mid-air. if it was on the ground then it is considered collision............sh*tty yes, but that's what they will tell you

Ripper

Established Member
Indiana said:
it would only be comp if you hit the wood mid-air. if it was on the ground then it is considered collision............sh*tty yes, but that's what they will tell you
Ouch. Well I guess it's time to start shopping for a new car. :( ! Dunno if I can take the rattling and clanging.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I was under the impression full coverage meant if your car got tore up due to your fault or a road hazard, if you want to risk them raising yor premium, you can report and it they would cover it. I have State Farm and they have always taken care of any issues I've had. Maybe i've been lucky.

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
+1 on the uninsured vehicle coverage. i have uninsured/underinsured on my car. just in case something like that happens

taronis

Banned
YOU hit the wood.
THE DRUNK was not driving the wood.
THE WOOD did not hit you.
BY INSURNCE COMPANY LOGIC you are at fault.
And from your description the insurance company is right.

Sorry, but LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

GOOD LUCK.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I need to take a look at my policy and make sure my shit is covered. I've been hearing a lot of horror stories recently about nothing really being covered. I hate hearing about how the insurance looks for loop holes so they don't have to pay.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
taronis said:
YOU hit the wood.
THE DRUNK was not driving the wood.
THE WOOD did not hit you.
BY INSURNCE COMPANY LOGIC you are at fault.
And from your description the insurance company is right.

Sorry, but LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

GOOD LUCK.

+1 to that. I've had that happen to me. I ran over a rock in the road and had to pay it out of pocket or have the insurance up my premium. It fell down the side of the hill so there was no escaping it.

Users who are viewing this thread