Drove My Car

52merc

Established Member
For the first time in two years, I took it out for a quick cruise around the neighborhood. About 2 years ago I started working on the rear suspension. During that work, I decided to rebuild the front suspension as well. In the middle of all this work, the OA in my hip got so bad I couldn't finish. Since then I have had a hip replacement and completed the work last week. After finally getting insurance I took it out for a quick spin.

Now all I need is new tires and a four wheel alignment.

Rear suspension got FTBR treatment except for the toe links (might do that later) and the reinforced cover (stock engine), Bilstein shocks, SS brake hoses, Prothane sway bar bushings, and kept the Eibach springs with OE spring spacers.

Front suspension got Global West Del-a-lum bushings, Proforged extended ball joints, MM aluminum rack bushings, MM bumpsteer kit, Bilstein struts, Prothane sway bar bushings, Energy Suspension shorter sway bar links, and kept the Eibach springs with OE spring spacers.

FIREBALL

Established Member
Glad your hip is doing ok. Your car should be handling much better, how is the before and after? Do you have sub frame connectors and front strut bar?, they made a good difference for me. After doing the standard rear upgrades I then installed the M&M rear bump steer kit, that made a big difference for me as it eliminated what was left of the rear steer that I had. IRS Bumpsteer Kit, 1999-04 Cobra

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
For the first time in two years, I took it out for a quick cruise around the neighborhood. About 2 years ago I started working on the rear suspension. During that work, I decided to rebuild the front suspension as well. In the middle of all this work, the OA in my hip got so bad I couldn't finish. Since then I have had a hip replacement and completed the work last week. After finally getting insurance I took it out for a quick spin.

Now all I need is new tires and a four wheel alignment.

Rear suspension got FTBR treatment except for the toe links (might do that later) and the reinforced cover (stock engine), Bilstein shocks, SS brake hoses, Prothane sway bar bushings, and kept the Eibach springs with OE spring spacers.

Front suspension got Global West Del-a-lum bushings, Proforged extended ball joints, MM aluminum rack bushings, MM bumpsteer kit, Bilstein struts, Prothane sway bar bushings, Energy Suspension shorter sway bar links, and kept the Eibach springs with OE spring spacers.

Oh man, I know the feeling to finally get her out after years. Glad you're doing better and able to enjoy it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to hear that your hip replacement went well and you're back to normal. Was that your first hip replacement?

I hope you get to spend some good quality time behind the wheel of your Cobra this summer.

Just noticed your join date. You're definitely one of the old-timers here.
upload_2021-6-5_8-20-31.png

52merc

Established Member
I want to drive the car after the tires and alignment before I make any more mods. I currently only have some bolt-in subframe connectors out of a convertible. I am looking at getting some welded in but with COVID things have been shut down pretty good. I want to find a local shop that can do the job before I buy the connectors. Things are expensive when modding in Canada.

I do have a Shifter Gasket yet to install.

Users who are viewing this thread