drove my buddies hell cat around.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
quick story figured some of you guys would like. My buddy hits me up last week saying he just bought a hell cat challanger. stick in black. then today he shows up to my work and throws me the red key and says it has 600 miles.. your turn lol

so this car is interesting. yes its fast but its a boat.. and it handles great for a boat at that. It was a blast to drive around. It has DRs on the back already and it actually hooked out of first gear from a 30mph roll. that was impressive. I really enjoyed the shifter and how it felt through the gears. It stopped very well for such a tank. Body roll was decent, not great though.

overall its a great car. Im not a dodge fan at all but Ill say it was a impressive car. but Ill stay with my corvettes lol

IMG_20150610_164006182_HDR_zpsgqdbg8l7.jpg

IMG_20150610_163959969_HDR_zps4kk70inr.jpg

TClark22

Established Member
pretty much what I was expecting to hear. Fast as **** but feels like a huge boat.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yup, it's a musclecar. Comfortable, fast, great brakes, not a curvy road car. As they said ages ago about the Buick Regal Grand National: "Accelerates like a speeding bullet; corners like a speeding bullet."

TClark22

Established Member
Yup, it's a musclecar. Comfortable, fast, great brakes, not a curvy road car. As they said ages ago about the Buick Regal Grand National: "Accelerates like a speeding bullet; corners like a speeding bullet."

lol I like that quote.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ben, I'm not sure if you mentioned this, but is the Hellcat your DD? Do you own a Tesla too? I imagine you DD one of those and then fridays bring out one of the toys!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ben, I'm not sure if you mentioned this, but is the Hellcat your DD? Do you own a Tesla too? I imagine you DD one of those and then fridays bring out one of the toys!
We try to exercise them all regularly. The P85D and the Hellcat are the most frequent commuter cars for me.

jbs$

Established Member
It corners well enough that if you have any driving skills at all, few cars that you come in contact with, will embarrass you.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
It corners well enough that if you have any driving skills at all, few cars that you come in contact with, will embarrass you.

This.

I took it as it was fast, braked well, and obviously its the size of a boat but doesn't necessarily handle as one. Though common sense will tell anyone its no corvette or any sports car for that matter.

Im willing to bet it will run circles around a grand national on a road course and drag its ass down the strip for sure. Lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
hell cat hood=knock off terminator hood

jk car is nice as hell.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My Dodge Challenger is so much bigger then any car I've ever owned that it took me about a day just to get used to it's huge size. Now after three days I absolutely love this car. The Scatpack is the perfect daily driver and maybe in four years I will upgrade to a hellcat. Hopefully they will still make these motors with all the goddamn government regulations coming.

smitty2919

Established Member
How are you controlling body roll with a strut tower brace??? He can add SFC's as well and see no reduction in body roll...

Users who are viewing this thread