Drove an '11 Gt today...

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Get the GT! Warranty ftw. Besides, just wait for the mods to start showing up for this car, it will probably run like a caged ape after that.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Get the GT! Warranty ftw. Besides, just wait for the mods to start showing up for this car, it will probably run like a caged ape after that.

But once you start to mod it the warranty goes bye, bye.

I would keep the 03. I haven't driven an '11 GT yet, but I wouldn't want to get the same/lower performing car with a payment each month.

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Basically , it's all up to you man. Nobody but you can decide. I know I couldn't. Personally, I think I would keep the cobra, but it is tough. Good luck.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I was looking forward to the plans for your car..werent you planning a built motor and a ported M122? Keep the Cobra as a toy and the GT for a DD.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
there's something about that 5 liter that i'm really loving. so i think i'd take the new 5.0 over the cobra. hard to believe, because i've always kind of hated gt mustangs. but this new one is just cool.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I just test drove a Kona Blue w/ 3.73's, brembos/19's, 6spd car and I loved it! Car ran pretty hard, and has got to be one of the easiest cars to shift fast. As soon as I turned the corner from the dealership I took it out for a 1-4(just barely in 4th), and it felt like Id been driving it for months, powershifting was a breeze, and it even chirped 4th stock lol. The only thing I couldnt really get used to is how damn light that clutch is, feels like a civic clutch! It does make it easy for shifting, but getting used to where the engagement is is a bit tricky. All in all, Id DD the **** out of one!

RGrossman

Established Member
I'm picking up a 2011 GT for a daily as soon as more rebates are available for them. My 03 will remain in the garage as my toy.

ViciousJay

Established Member
The only thing I couldnt really get used to is how damn light that clutch is, feels like a civic clutch! It does make it easy for shifting, but getting used to where the engagement is is a bit tricky. All in all, Id DD the **** out of one!

i have a fix for it

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
DD= 5.0

btw how much was employee price on it?

that particular car was priced at $34,400 .. my price was $30,783.

I was looking forward to the plans for your car..werent you planning a built motor and a ported M122? Keep the Cobra as a toy and the GT for a DD.

Yes, that is still the current plan, depending on how this decision goes.. I'm at the weird point where I have big plans for this car, but I have had it almost 3 years and I have an itch for something different.. I have always been that way...

As for the guys with the payment questions.. I bought this cobra used, so I do still have a car payment on it.. The main deciding factor would be if my discounts can make the payment on the new car pretty close to the payment I am making on an 8yr old car.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
It's difficult to say right now. As mentioned the aftermarket isn't in full swing yet with the 11. I have a funny feeling that these cars are going to be very mod friendly with the clever tuners out there. We all know what the term's do, but IMO the platform alone is a factor. I think you'll start to see the GT alot at the track hanging right there with the 03-04 cobra.

ViciousJay

Established Member
It's difficult to say right now. As mentioned the aftermarket isn't in full swing yet with the 11. I have a funny feeling that these cars are going to be very mod friendly with the clever tuners out there. We all know what the term's do, but IMO the platform alone is a factor. I think you'll start to see the GT alot at the track hanging right there with the 03-04 cobra.

give it a full year and ill bet there will be 6-9 choices of stuff for every product

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
give it a full year and ill bet there will be 6-9 choices of stuff for every product

I agree..

there is already 3 cold air kits, and 3 sets of longtube available with another in the works.. I think there is around 10 different catbacks too.. Livernois has forged engine parts and are working on camshafts.. I hear comp has cams in the works too...

the aftermarket is catching on fast..

The idea of 500rwhp n/a is really pleasing to me.. I have always wanted to do somethign like that, but a 8500rpm, high compression race gas modular is not wallet friendly.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'm selling the 69, keeping the 03 and buying a 11 gt auto w lil bro d plan. Would like something that does better in heavy traffic. The 69 is so caveman compared to either of these other cars, a death trap. If I want some more power in the 11, I'll just do a few things. I think it could be close to the 03 for sure at the track. Esp w some nitrous and a 2.5k converter when they come out. My 03 puts down 500+ whp and 550+ wtq
I'm going to throw this out there see the improvement w 75 jets w a auto and yes it's pulling the left tire.
N/a
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeYZ9cT_Nag"]YouTube- ‪Sean Kelley's 2011 Mustang GT 5.0‬‎[/nomedia]
w 75 jets
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHZUA20Jwo"]YouTube- ‪Sean Kelley's 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 plus a 75 shot‬‎[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread