Drove a 2015 finally

stangfreak

Established Member
so I had to get my 03 cobra inpsected yesterday and decided to stop by mustang magic. It was gorgeous out. was talking to joe, the owner of mustang magic and said to me if I saw his new car in the back of the shop. I said no, I had no idea you got a new 2015. He gives me the keys and says let me know what you think. sweet! lol. I was also blessed enough to drive joe's black 03 cobra aka SNAKEBITE. The famous kenne bell cobra doing the fly by in front of the shop. But that was years ago. Now I get to drive his 15. Guard color, with the performance package. I think he already has springs, new wheels, catback, tune and cold air.

I was really impressed when I sat inside the car. It was so comfortable. Push start button was bad ass and the interior is so much better than my cobra. obviously lol. I had to get used to the brakes because the slightest touch and the car would just stop instantly. 15 inch rotors. car felt really really good. It handled so well. Honestly didnt feel like I was in a mustang. The different settings was also bad ass. You can really feel a difference when changing driving modes. car pulled hard as well. The 6 speed transmission ehh, not sure what I think about it yet. I would get an auto if I bought a 2015 and do a kenne bell. Make 6xx rwhp and call it a day.

I really felt like I was entering into a dinosaur when driving home in my 03 cobra. Felt kind of old haha. But I did get 4 thumbs up by random people driving the cobra and a passenger in a jeep took a pic of me while he drove by. so that kind of made me feel a bit better lol.

so yea, 2015 mustang is bad ass :rockon:

svtrookie

Established Member
Thanks for the review. I am having thoughts about making one a daily driver. Still can't part ways my with 03 SB Coupe. Think it could stand up to daily driving conditions, comfort wise?

Tom

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Thanks for the review. I am having thoughts about making one a daily driver. Still can't part ways my with 03 SB Coupe. Think it could stand up to daily driving conditions, comfort wise?

Tom

The 15's are in a whole new category with respect to daily driving. They don't feel anything like a 14. My wife daily's hers.

Dcrypter

Established Member
I daily mine with the Recaros, Steeda springs, and sway bars and have no complaints at all. I've made a few 300-400 mile trips in it as well and I think it's much more comfortable than my '12 w/ Brembo was.

try03venom

Established Member
I just took my first test drive......unsupervised!!!

DSC_0033_zpsvamlmhkp.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member

Tom

I drove my 01 mustang everyday and never had a problem. The 2015 for a daily would be perfect. Its such a different car. It doesn't even feel like your in a mustang. very comfortable. I always owned 2 mustangs. But with the weather getting worse and worse, I need something for the snow. If I had money, I would go buy one right now and park it next to my cobra. I can't part with my cobra. too many memories and like I said, I was getting looks, thumbs up and someone took a pic of my car on the highway. lol.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I daily drive my 15 le. And all the amenities almost make it a shame not to. I love it. In fact, I'm a single dad with custody of my 3 year old girl. We go everywhere in it.

craigstu

Established Member
Yep the 15 is a huge leap from my wife's previous 2010 GT. She daily drives the 15 std trans w/ PP and loves it. I think they have the perfect spring shock combination for everyday use. It is much firmier in that the car doesn't squat on accel or dive when braking like the 2010 did. Rolls less too. But the ride over sharp bumps is actually better. Some of that is probably shock technology but most of it is the IRS. Wonderful car.

svtrookie

Established Member
You guys are really swaying me to go with a new GT. Only thing that concerns me is the winter driving. Baltimore weather is hit or miss. When it does snow I usually have the option to work at home, but it is nice having the SUV on tap. This is a tough decision!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Being that I own a 2003 Cobra, a 2015 GT & EB ... I have to make adjustments between all 3 cars!! Comfort, hands down the 2015 wins that; Pure power, I still love the Cobra!!

K3nMasters

Established Member
I originally wanted a GT, Base, PP & Recaros to keep costs down. I went to the dealership this past Sat and they said they have one otw, but they had a GT, Prem, PP & Recaros. Sat in it and said yes without even driving it. LOL

I like the interior x100 more than my fully loaded 12' G37x Coupe.

stangfreak

Established Member
Being that I own a 2003 Cobra, a 2015 GT & EB ... I have to make adjustments between all 3 cars!! Comfort, hands down the 2015 wins that; Pure power, I still love the Cobra!!

Tim I still love my cobra. It ain't going anywhere. I still turn heads with the car and its nothing special.

nicksender

Established Member
yea there comfy. I just didnt like the 6 speed in it. I expected it to be better.

I test drove a base GT last week with the manual and it was a bit clunky for my taste; it was definitely a chore to shift when I first took it out.

After driving manual Mustang's most of my life I'm not sure I will like the auto in the long run even if it's the far better transmission.

I would hate to have buyer's remorse and make the wrong transmission choice whatever it may be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread