Drop in fuel pump?

SNIPER

Established Member

I went with this piece. will install next month.

Product Information

DeatschWerks 9-401-1046 DW400 In-Tank Fuel Pump w/9-1046 Install Kit For Mustang

Product Details:

• Brand: DeatschWerks
  • Manufacturer Part Number: 9-401-1046
  • Warranty: Unspecified Length
Description:

DeatschWerks in-tank fuel pumps are manufactured with a quiet and reliable turbine impeller which is compatible with pulse width modulated pump drivers. These pumps are also built with carbon commutators and fully encapsulated armatures for ethanol compatibility. DW’s high-torque motors maintain flow at higher pressure better than competitors’ pumps. Low amperage draw minimizes pump temperatures, maximizes pump life and reduces stress on ORG.MFR wiring. Vehicle-specific pumps include a fitment kit assembled with everything you need for your application. Vehicle specific install instructions are also available on our website to walk you step-by-step through the installation process.
Features:

• In-Tank Fuel Pump w/ Installation Kit
  • High-torque motors maintain flow at higher pressure
  • Easy to install
  • Made in the USA
Fits the following vehicles:

• 2011-2014 Ford Mustang V6
  • 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT V8 5.0

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm running the same pump in my 11'. Seems to be working just fine. Install required more cutting inside the hat than I expected. I've seen them installed on 2018's, and they definitely install a little differently on a 2011-2014.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Anyone else have info on these? I wonder what these pumps will support with a voltage booster? I think I saw these on YOLOs YouTube channel but he did t talk to much on it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That DW400 is about the best intank you can do for boosted cars. Yes you can use a booster with it. How much power you looking at?
-J

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
That DW400 is about the best intank you can do for boosted cars. Yes you can use a booster with it. How much power you looking at?
-J
On the stock long block I really dont want to go past low 700s. Would this pump support that on a PD style blower.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m pretty sure they say 750 on one pump but I’m used to dual pump setups. DW great to answer and can ask your tuner too.
-J

SS lol

Established Member
On the stock long block I really dont want to go past low 700s. Would this pump support that on a PD style blower.

Im running the dw400 on my 2013 procharged e85 mustang and the logs look good.

Users who are viewing this thread