Droid X compared to the original Droid??

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
My wife just upgraded to the original style Droid by Motorola with the slideout keyboard. I really like the software and am thinking about making the move as well. Just don't know which one to get. Advice needed. Thanks

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I think there are 4 droids now, my daughters have them, one is a slider and the other has a pearl ball thingy :shrug: no clue which one is better

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Droid and wouldn't trade it for any phone without a physical keyboard..... just personal preference, but I have yet to use a touch keyboard that wouldn't make me lose my mind.

slick4_6

Established Member
My wife just upgraded to the original style Droid by Motorola with the slideout keyboard. I really like the software and am thinking about making the move as well. Just don't know which one to get. Advice needed. Thanks

Wait a month. The Moto Droid 2 with slide out keyboard is coming out late next month. I like my Moto Droid but wish I could have waited and got the Droid 2. I like the X but do not like the idea of not having a slide out keyboard.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I have the Droid and wouldn't trade it for any phone without a physical keyboard..... just personal preference, but I have yet to use a touch keyboard that wouldn't make me lose my mind.

I'm the complete opposite. I have a Motorola Cliq, and I hardly ever use my hardware keyboard. Especially since I got the SlideIT keyboard:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229U0ZYPum8"]YouTube- SlideIT for Android[/nomedia]

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I think the INCREDIBLE came out after the original Droid and now the X is out. Neither of them have a physical keyboard.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Wait a month. The Moto Droid 2 with slide out keyboard is coming out late next month. I like my Moto Droid but wish I could have waited and got the Droid 2. I like the X but do not like the idea of not having a slide out keyboard.

I plan on upgrading to the Droid 2 when it comes out, assuming it's cool enough to warrant the cost.

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member

I said the same thing until i went out and played with the EVO and Droid x. The screen is so big that it is damn near impossible to mess up when typing. I could fit my droid1 inside the screen of the x. I would check out the galaxy s line of phones also, and then make a decision.

jf4boogie

Established Member
I'm the complete opposite. I have a Motorola Cliq, and I hardly ever use my hardware keyboard. Especially since I got the SlideIT keyboard:

YouTube- SlideIT for Android

x2

I have the original moto droid and have not ONCE used the keyboard. The keys are way too small and the touch screen is just much easier to me...and I switched over from a blackberry.

Users who are viewing this thread