Driveshaft for Magnum Swap

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking to get a carbon fiber driveshaft from DSS to install with a T-56 Magnum.
Does anyone know what length driveshaft I need?

I wanted to get the transmission and driveshaft at the same time, so I can't measure myself.

Anyone using the DSS driveshaft with a Magnum swap?

Regards
Ana

badmpg03

Established Member
After what I just went through, I would call Driveshaft shop and see if they can spec one out. My shop said they could.

I had a machine shop cut down my stock one per D&D transmission's specs, where i bought my t56magnum. They told me to shorten 1.25"
We have had some bad clunking and virbation issues. my shop thinks the yoke is not staying engaged and driveshaft is not the correct length. I am now having a custom one made to exact specs.
Not sure if it was the shop that cut down improperly or if 1.25" is not the correct length but either way a PITA.

Strikeking10

Established Member
If I remember right I took 1.5" off my stock one, but its been a few years now lol it may have been 1.25" but I had no problems with anything clunking or vibrating, it may have been yours wasnt balanced right?

fitforspeed

Established Member
I would look into a Tranzilla t-56 if it were me. What I understand is it's better than a magnum but in a t-56 case. I believe all you have to change is the yoke. I think his name is Joe at Rockland Standard gear if you want to find out more details. Good for 850ft lbs.

badmpg03

Established Member
If I remember right I took 1.5" off my stock one, but its been a few years now lol it may have been 1.25" but I had no problems with anything clunking or vibrating, it may have been yours wasnt balanced right?

That is what I said from day 1. They rechecked it and claim it is fine but the shaft was slightly twisted. I dont know....at this point just going with a new shaft.

cj428mach

Established Member
I believe the driveshaft yoke will affect the driveshaft length necessary.

I used the Sonnax yoke and it required a 1" shorter shaft if I remember right.

Users who are viewing this thread