Driveshaft and adjustable strut mounts question.

Saleen_1977

Established Member
Does anyone know if the regular GT350 and GT350R come with a single or two piece aluminum driveshaft? Is it aluminum lightweight?
Also, does the dealership have to install the adjustable strut mounts that come with the handling package? If they don’t, does it effect warranty? What do they do/used for and are they easy to mount?
Thanks folks.

Established Member
Just installed a DSS 1 piece CF driveshaft in mine. In third gear it feels like it pulls on the edge of traction all the way to redline. I put long tubes and x-pipe in at the same time, so might have a little more umph from those mods too... I like it.

dss1.jpg

It is sensitive to position as there was a vibration 45-70 and I had to rotate the rear 1/3 turn and that went away. It was pretty bad tho, so amazing that such a simple change affected it so much.

Last edited:

Saleen_1977

Established Member
Just installed a DSS 1 piece CF driveshaft in mine. In third gear it feels like it pulls on the edge of traction all the way to redline. I put long tubes and x-pipe in at the same time, so might have a little more umph from those mods too... I like it.

View attachment 1607465

Ok, thanks. Just to be sure, the R has the same shaft?

Saleen_1977

Established Member
Does the dealer have to install the adjustable strut mounts that come with the handling package? Those effecting any warranty?

Rainier42

Established Member
Does the dealer have to install the adjustable strut mounts that come with the handling package? Those effecting any warranty?

Yes, adjustable strut mounts are dealer installed. Should be in trunk of car on all 2019 R models and for those who order the Handling package.

Saleen_1977

Established Member
So it is worth putting in Ford racing lower springs and aluminum single piece driveshaft on a magnaride tuned vehicle? It hurt dynamics?

Users who are viewing this thread