Drivers side window problem..??

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
Today I noticed that my drivers side door had a bit of resistance when I closed it. After looking over everything I noticed that my window has become misaligned by about 1/8" and is rubbing against the top where it meets the roof. It is only misaligned towards the back of the window just a bit. I just wanted to know if this has happened to anybody else and how to fix before I start tearing things apart. Thanks a lot for any help.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
The rear glued-on tab that attaches your glass to the window regulators has likely come off the glass. You'll need to re glue the tab back onto the glass, probably with a 2 part epoxy and straighten out any bent regulators.

You'll have to pull off your door panel to see any of this. Common problem on older SN95s.

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
I have the same problem.....but on the passenger window. I figured it was from the previous owner closing the top while the windows are up. Until I can afford to worry about, I wont.

SCREAMINSVT

Established Member
yes mine does the same on driver side i havent got around to fixing it but i just try not to roll my window up as far so it doesnt rub

EVO-lution

Established Member
i HAD the same problem, mine was off the track in the front. I just "Heman'ed" it into place and its worked ever since. didnt feel like going through the hassle of glueing it back in place.

But I heard once it breaks away from the glue its really hard to keep it in place after that

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
The rear glued-on tab that attaches your glass to the window regulators has likely come off the glass. You'll need to re glue the tab back onto the glass, probably with a 2 part epoxy and straighten out any bent regulators.

You'll have to pull off your door panel to see any of this. Common problem on older SN95s.

Yeah, you were right, the rear tab was separated from the window, I put some rtv in and around the tab. Hopefully it holds after some curing time. The only thing holding it together was rtv from the factory. I also broke the plastic door insert where the power window buttons are, piece of sh*t plastic clips, $58 at the dealership, so I replaced it. Anyway thanks for your help.:beer:

scorpio

new to svt
Established Member
both windows are doing it on mine. anyone know if the newer 03/04's have the same problem? got a good deal on new glass, but i dont want to put it in and have the same problem. i reglued my pass. side 3 times and it keeps coming off.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
They all have the same problem AFAIK, it's an age issue.

What kind of glue are you using? It's going to need to be something serious to hold on for a long period, scuffing the glass a bit should help. Maybe some Gorilla glue?

scorpio

new to svt
Established Member
i tryed all kinds of crap. scuffed the glass and cleaned the crap out of the brackets. my next step was to have a glass guy buddy of mine drill the glass and bolt those suckers on, but i am afraid to hear a loud crash in my door when the window breaks.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I just discovered that Motorcraft TA-32 clear RTV is the correct stuff to use on the window tabs.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
Well, the RTV lasted about a month and yesterday the window came off the tab. I tried to clean it best I could and put JB WELD on it this time. Hope it works because I'm getting tired of taking the door apart.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
What RTV? I did mine a while back, cleaned all the old stuff out of the tab with a razor knife, scraped the glass and cleaned it with acetone, then used TA 32 and a c-clamp and it's holding strong.

Users who are viewing this thread