Drivers Door Window Does Not Auto Adjust up When Door Closed

Race Red Boss

Established Member
2008 GT500. When you open the either door, the window comes down a crack, then when the door is closed, they automatically adjust up/close. Passenger side is working as designed....but drivers door window goes down a crack when door is opened, but won't automatically close up when the door is shut.

Anyone know what controls this/what could be wrong?

Recon

Established Member
Window needs to reinitialized. It happens to my cars if the battery goes flat.

Pick your poison.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
With the door shut, select auto down and let the window go all the way down. Then select auto up and allow the window to go all the way up. This procedure adjusts the upper and lower window limits.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Window needs to reinitialized. It happens to my cars if the battery goes flat.

Pick your poison.

Thanks! Funny enough, I just reconnected the battery after sitting over the winter! So by re-initializing, I'm assuming just disconnecting/re-connecting the ground on the battery to see if that fixes it...or is there some other procedure to re-initialize the window?

Race Red Boss

Established Member
With the door shut, select auto down and let the window go all the way down. Then select auto up and allow the window to go all the way up. This procedure adjusts the upper and lower window limits.

Hmmmm. Auto down works on drivers side...but one touch auto up is not working. Passenger side auto up/down works. Any idea what's going on? Should I try disconnect/re-connect of the battery?

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Problem resolved. When doing the "Restore Express Up Functionality" procedure, you have to make sure you hold the button in the UP position at least 2 seconds after its all the way up. Once I did that, the short window drop feature that happens when opening the door was restored, as was the auto close of the window once the door is closed.

Thanks all!

PS> It was in my owners manual...pg. 62 :)

Recon

Established Member
Hey Recon, how do you perform that for the windows? Thanks.

Thanks! Funny enough, I just reconnected the battery after sitting over the winter! So by re-initializing, I'm assuming just disconnecting/re-connecting the ground on the battery to see if that fixes it...or is there some other procedure to re-initialize the window?
I push the switch down and once it’s all the way down hold for 2 seconds, then get the window up and hold for 2 seconds. Cycle key then test it.
Now I’m reading on the radio having CD error messages come up on the screen. My GT and blue Roush have it and it’s getting slightly annoying with the noise it makes. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

Pick your poison.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I push the switch down and once it’s all the way down hold for 2 seconds, then get the window up and hold for 2 seconds. Cycle key then test it.
Now I’m reading on the radio having CD error messages come up on the screen. My GT and blue Roush have it and it’s getting slightly annoying with the noise it makes. Shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

Pick your poison.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread