Drivers cam cover

noslo50

Established Member
How does one go about removing the drivers cam(valve) cover in the car, it hits the brake booster. Do you remove booster or jack the motor? Thanks in advance, Jerry.

I,m installing frpp blue covers.

Leonard 95

Established Member
I just looked at the manual, remove brake booster, remove t/b, and position p/s reservior to the side. Sounds like a light snack. ;)

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
looks like this is just as much trouble as it was on the 03-04s. good luck, let us know how long it took you

stsltd

Established Member
When I changed mine, I ended up taking off the master cylinder, and the brake boster, lossening the air conditioner evap hose mount, loosen the power steering reservoir tank also, - really a pain in the ass - but once you start,

of course then you need to bleed the brake system

good luck

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You are making this way too complicated.

This is much easier than everyone makes you think.

All you need to do is take it to a shop and write a check ;)

I don't mess with bleeding the brakes any more...one too many experiences of the bleeder screw giving up the ghost.

Last edited:

noslo50

Established Member
Well it,s done. Total time 45minutes. Here,s how. 1. remove motor mount nut,s. 2. Jack up motor(right behind balancer on pan rail) 3. remove 2 bolts from mount and remove. 4. slowly lower engine so it rests on the pan on the rack(see gently). then r&r cover.

Now i also had the manifolds off for doing headers, but i don,t see them getting in the way, but mine were off.

Man i hated the thought of pulling the booster. Whooohooo.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well it,s done. Total time 45minutes. Here,s how. 1. remove motor mount nut,s. 2. Jack up motor(right behind balancer on pan rail) 3. remove 2 bolts from mount and remove. 4. slowly lower engine so it rests on the pan on the rack(see gently). then r&r cover.

Now i also had the manifolds off for doing headers, but i don,t see them getting in the way, but mine were off.

Is this the method you used to remove the stock exhaust manifold?

noslo50

Established Member
Originally Posted by noslo50 View Post

Is this the method you used to remove the stock exhaust manifold

No the driver,s valve cover. And sorry i didn,t take any pictures. Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread