Driver window stuck down?

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
Hey guys, i have a question and i had no idea where to post it. so sorry if its in the wronge forum.

My 01 cobra's driver window is stuck down. i think it has something to do with the electrical because the lights kinda dim in the car when i press the button to go up, or down. and when i press the button i hear soemthing for a split second (as the lights dim in the car) and dissappers. the lights only dim ofr a fraction of a second. anyone have any ideas what the hell is wronge cause leaving my window down wheni drive it suxs casue people could just get in her or steal something.

trubluecobra

eh?
Established Member
I had the same problem with my 01 cobra a couple times. It was on really hot days when I parked with the driver's side door facing the sun. It's happened 3 times, and every time once it cools down it works fine again.:shrug:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Same thing happened on my 01 cobra. The problem whent away on its own. I have also had a problem with my 03 cobra were the window gets stuck up. I slam the door while pressing the down button and it resolves the issue. You might try the reverse. Try it several times.

trubluecobra

eh?
Established Member
speeddemon2000 said:
Same thing happened on my 01 cobra. The problem whent away on its own. I have also had a problem with my 03 cobra were the window gets stuck up. I slam the door while pressing the down button and it resolves the issue. You might try the reverse. Try it several times.

Yeah 1 of the times it happened it still wasn't working after it cooled off so I held the up button and slammed the door and it fixed it.

BhavinB

Established Member
Happened to me in my 95 Mustang. There's a little device in there for 'one touch down' feature. I just cut that piece off and attached the wires in the appropriate manner....needed circuit diagram to figure that part out. After that, I didn't have the problem ever again...but I also lost the 'one touch' feature. Small price to pay considering the window got stuck during a snowfall for me.

YELOSNK

Established Member
trubluecobra said:
Yeah 1 of the times it happened it still wasn't working after it cooled off so I held the up button and slammed the door and it fixed it.

+1

Although I slammed the door a few times and then tried the up button. The "scissor" assembly that puts the window up and down binds up and slamming the door can usually unbind it.

YELOSNK said:
+1

Although I slammed the door a few times and then tried the up button. The "scissor" assembly that puts the window up and down binds up and slamming the door can usually unbind it.

+1 - did the same thing!

Auditory7

Established Member
same thing has happened to me several times. dont know what causes it for me but its a pain in the ass.

pest36

Established Member
passenger side would do it once in a while. and at 3pm today the driver side stuck down. i was punchin the shit outta door on the inside and it still wont go down. turned the car on and off a bunch of times. now i guess i'll try slammin it!!

pest36

Established Member
def wouldnt go down. taped up some garbage bags on it. better not rain.
only my luck...

Users who are viewing this thread