Driver side mirror scratched. What to do?

lsp408

Established Member
2012 gt500 black. My driver side mirror got scratches on it. I was told by few people that I will need to replace the whole mirror because the scratches cannot be buff out. I looked at the tasca parts online and looks like I can just order mirror itself instead of whole assembly. Anyone know if it's possible to buff them scratches out of the mirror? Or how to replace just the mirror ( how to pop off the assemble?)

Thanks

nxhappy

Established Member
depends on how deep the scratches are. you can try to buff it out. I like McGuires products.

lsp408

Established Member
I am told the mirror material is a lot softer. If use the buffing compound, it may fog up the whole area.

What is d/a?

Black Sex

Established Member
is it scratched or scuffed? If paint from some other object is scuffed onto the mirror, sometimes rubbing alcohol will take that off

Tmatt142

Established Member
I am told the mirror material is a lot softer. If use the buffing compound, it may fog up the whole area.

What is d/a?

Dual action, like a porter cable D/A orbital buffer. If you can actually feel the scratches, then they're too deep, otherwise you'll have to use a cutting compound (it will get hazy) and bring it back with varying compounds like a swirl remover, then polish etc. Youtube paint correction.

TexasShelby

Established Member
I'd put some matching covers over it and forget about it. I think American Muscle carries some for a 12.

fullboogie

Established Member
Sounds like a perfect excuse to order some Agent 47 mirrors - if they make 'em for a 2012. Love the ones on my '07.

lsp408

Established Member
I am going to try tooth paste trick. If this not working, I'll have to break the bank and spend $64 for new mirror

Slabo

Established Member
Don't forget your sticker...

P1010753.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread