Driver side bolt on fuel tank removal.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
How the hell do you guys get this thing out? I can't get it with a swivel because it makes contact with part of the suspension. Can't get a straight shot at it, because of the same piece of suspension in the way. I will try to get a picture for you guys in a min.

Everything I have looked at makes it look like a straightforward deal, but this is really getting on my nerves. :bash:

d2vfOf1.jpg

Edited with a picture. You can see where my socket is making contact with the IRS, and as it comes out it makes even less room to work.

Last edited:

Bigggy

Established Member
Weird, the other week I dropped the tank a bit for the sway-bar and it was almost in a straight line for me, just use a 12inch extension.

TRBO VNM

I use a 13mm swivel socket and it works perfect. I have only had 1 vehicle that the bolt was pretty much covered. I had to use an open ended wrench to get it out and that sucked.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Yea, I think something might be wrong with my IRS then. It is pretty much covered looking straight up at it. Had to do the open ended wrench route just now, took about 30 minutes, my damn forearm is on fire now.

Users who are viewing this thread