Driveline vibration/gear noise

mjohns930

Established Member
Have a question regarding some noises and vibrations from my 2013 GT auto. I took it in a couple weeks ago for a loud wine at 65 and 80. My dealer replaced the rear gears and said they couldn't see anything wrong with the old set but that's where it was coming from. I got the car back and it had a bad vibration from the driveshaft. I took it back and they reclocked the driveshaft and made it better but it is still there. There is also some other noises coming from the rear diff now after they replaced the gears, almost like a rubbing noise on deceleration at 30mph and below. They called me today and said they drove a "similar" vehicle and it has the same characteristics and that mine is not nearly as bad as another brand new car. It didn't have either of these problems before they messed around in the rear end. My car has 8200 miles on it and I bought it new, so I am familiar with the sounds that it makes.

Does anyone else have these type of noises? Have you taken it in for it? What was the course of action if any?

Thanks,
Mitch

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Your car stock?

Established Member
Exhaust sound

Is it normal for the exhaust sound to be different from side to side on a cold startup didn't let it fully warm up. one side seam to pop more than the other side 2012 2.9 stock exhaust
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you

Established Member
Sorry made the post to the wrong area

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Go to the dealer and tell them to let YOU drive that new car to hear it for urself!!! They always try to shaft u one way or another!!! I hate dealers!

mjohns930

Established Member
Go to the dealer and tell them to let YOU drive that new car to hear it for urself!!! They always try to shaft u one way or another!!! I hate dealers!

I am going to ask to do that too. This was not the dealer I purchased from it just happens to be closer. I will be going to my purchasing dealer next.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Have a question regarding some noises and vibrations from my 2013 GT auto. I took it in a couple weeks ago for a loud wine at 65 and 80. My dealer replaced the rear gears and said they couldn't see anything wrong with the old set but that's where it was coming from. I got the car back and it had a bad vibration from the driveshaft. I took it back and they reclocked the driveshaft and made it better but it is still there. There is also some other noises coming from the rear diff now after they replaced the gears, almost like a rubbing noise on deceleration at 30mph and below. They called me today and said they drove a "similar" vehicle and it has the same characteristics and that mine is not nearly as bad as another brand new car. It didn't have either of these problems before they messed around in the rear end. My car has 8200 miles on it and I bought it new, so I am familiar with the sounds that it makes.

Does anyone else have these type of noises? Have you taken it in for it? What was the course of action if any?

Thanks,
Mitch

My car does this, I have an M6 with 3.73's. My car has a driveline vibration around 70-75 and whine from 60-80. When I took it in they told me the tires may need balancing so they road force balanced the tires, and it felt better but the vibration is still there. My driveshaft may need to be reclocked. The whine started after I put steeda LCA's on the car. It was very faint before that, so, the problem was always there, just a lot more pronounced now.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Dealers :nonono:...This is not normal for a bone stock car. My '11 w/ stock 3.73's doesn't make a sound... I would just bypass their bullshit and try another dealer. Your current dealer knows they are full of shit...and so do you.
Good luck man.

03DontMach

Established Member
Definitely get someone to look at it. I had aftermarket gears put in my car before and the whining appeared and then I took it to another mechanic and he took the rear end out and replaced all the shims and bearings and realigned the gears. I have had the car for 4 years since he did that and I have no whine :D I think the dealer is trying to BS you. Take it somewhere else!

Users who are viewing this thread