Drags Today

FKing1

Established Member
Went to Milan Michigan Drag Strip today.
Best day ever there with the Boss, a 13.2 @ 111 mph.
No shift problems & good reaction time.
Usual prob with Pirelli's not hooking up.
Car is stock except for suspension mods.

Attachments

• milan 17.jpg
    milan 17.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 238

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Good job!! Nice time slip!! I've been getting the itch to ride out to my track and do a little running

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

vortecd

Established Member
Change tires and or slip the clutch more. With practice you should be able to get sub 2 second 60 ft times even with the stock tires

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Went to Milan Michigan Drag Strip today.
Best day ever there with the Boss, a 13.2 @ 111 mph.
No shift problems & good reaction time.
Usual prob with Pirelli's not hooking up.
Car is stock except for suspension mods.

It is all about the fun and practice. No doubt that you should be able to cut a 1.8-1.9 60' on the stock tires. Are you going around the water, and best practice is to leave the line slightly more aggressively than leaving a normal traffic light. Can't remember exactly, but think that mine went 12.70's at 114 stock here in the Florida heat.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
It is all about the fun and practice. No doubt that you should be able to cut a 1.8-1.9 60' on the stock tires. Are you going around the water, and best practice is to leave the line slightly more aggressively than leaving a normal traffic light. Can't remember exactly, but think that mine went 12.70's at 114 stock here in the Florida heat.

Woowee, the DA must of been good or because you are closer to sea level, 114 MPH is moving! I mustered 111 MPH last Saturday at Zmax. Of course that was late at night when the heat died off lol. My best on my 275/60/15 555R's was a 60' of 1.9 and still not launching hard, on a tire with a stock Boss I see 1.6ish short times on a tire. Next Thursday at Mustang Week I have a better idea of where I need to be tire pressure wise. Note: 12psi in a drag tire is a tad low for a burnout unless you are all the way in the water haha. You look dumb wheel hopping forward trying to warm up the tires lol.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Woowee, the DA must of been good or because you are closer to sea level, 114 MPH is moving! I mustered 111 MPH last Saturday at Zmax. Of course that was late at night when the heat died off lol. My best on my 275/60/15 555R's was a 60' of 1.9 and still not launching hard, on a tire with a stock Boss I see 1.6ish short times on a tire. Next Thursday at Mustang Week I have a better idea of where I need to be tire pressure wise. Note: 12psi in a drag tire is a tad low for a burnout unless you are all the way in the water haha. You look dumb wheel hopping forward trying to warm up the tires lol.

You should back into the water, lightly spin to get tire wet, roll out of water, and then proceed to do the burnout. Good luck next week.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
You should back into the water, lightly spin to get tire wet, roll out of water, and then proceed to do the burnout. Good luck next week.

Ah ok, that makes more sense than doing it in the water lol. What was the weather like when you hit 114? I feel like it would have to be 0% Humidity and low DA just about. Last weekend it was a little humid until late at night. I also do not drag race much either lol.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
As was said you really have to heat up those Pirellis. They are awful. 5-6 second burnout. Quick burnouts on stock Pirellis (255/40/19) netted me consistent 2.0x 60' times. 5-6 second burnouts got me down in the low 1.9's. Launch rpm about 2800. That was 100% stock in a 2014 GT Track Pack (6M).

I went 12.76 @ 114.05 with a 1.92 60'.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Ah ok, that makes more sense than doing it in the water lol. What was the weather like when you hit 114? I feel like it would have to be 0% Humidity and low DA just about. Last weekend it was a little humid until late at night. I also do not drag race much either lol.

No idea of the DA. Just went around the water and put some heat into the tires. Launched like I was leaving the light but slightly more aggressive and slammed every gear near redline. I can tell you that it was not perfect conditions.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
No idea of the DA. Just went around the water and put some heat into the tires. Launched like I was leaving the light but slightly more aggressive and slammed every gear near redline. I can tell you that it was not perfect conditions.

Bone stock with no mods? I am not really good at drag racing either, that may be a big problem as well. That and my 15's hook hard enough that I have to take 2 seconds to shift to let the transmission rotate back a little to be able to shift lol.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The Boss has short gearing. You can leave just off idle on street tires and use all of first gear to get you off the line. I did a 1.83 12.28 at 114.6 100% stock on stock Pirellitires with heavy 1-2 wheel spin. On DR all stock I went a best of 1.70 11.82 at 116.... Last time at the drag strip I ran 12.30 at 118.5 on my 20in low prof street tires with lowered suspension with just a K&N drop in filter and side pipes opened on the track key. That's it.... But that's been a few years ago....
Practice... These cars can really move once you learn to drive them.

Users who are viewing this thread