drag wheels without relocation brackets

Eng90

Established Member
Good day,

I would like to know which drag wheels requires relocation brackets and which dont?

And i think i read sumwhere that bmr's sb042 rear sway bar clears all kind of drag wheels without relocation brackets, please confirm if its true or not ?

thanks,

GModder

Established Member
The only drag wheel that I know of requiring relo brackets is a 15X10. The relo bracket is for the stock rear swaybar and not needed with the BMR. The SB042 will work with or without the "control arm" relo brackets. I just picked up the SB042 myself, but waiting for garage to be a bit warmer before install. Cheers!

Reaper14

Established Member
I thought you still needed to cut that small piece off as well that they ask you to cut when installing the relo brakets. The whiteline also dont require relo brakets.

Vic

Eng90

Established Member
The only drag wheel that I know of requiring relo brackets is a 15X10. The relo bracket is for the stock rear swaybar and not needed with the BMR. The SB042 will work with or without the "control arm" relo brackets. I just picked up the SB042 myself, but waiting for garage to be a bit warmer before install. Cheers!

i meant the sway bar relocation brackets, since all 15x10 wheels require sway bar relocation brackets, is there any sway bars which can work with 15x10 wheels without installing sway bar relocation kit ?

GModder

Established Member
The 15x10s will require cutting the lower portion of the orig swaybar mount and only require the sb relo brackets if you're running the stock rear swaybar. The BMR swaybar mounts to the inside of the rear control arms so the swaybar relo not required "for the BMR swaybar".

Eng90

Established Member
The 15x10s will require cutting the lower portion of the orig swaybar mount and only require the sb relo brackets if you're running the stock rear swaybar. The BMR swaybar mounts to the inside of the rear control arms so the swaybar relo not required "for the BMR swaybar".

do i have other options also other than the bmr sway to avoid doing the sway bar relocation bracket?

thank you for your input

GModder

Established Member
To my knowledge, most aftermarket swaybars other than the BMR SB042 use the same stock mount and require the sway relo bracket IF you are running 15x10 wheels. You really need not be concerned about the swaybar relo bracket, it's a pretty much no-brainer to install. The important thing is to have the correct rate(s) bar to match your setup. Hope that helps to clarify.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As mentioned above the Whiteline sway will also work. I'm running this sway bar with my 15s and all is well. If you run a 15 you will have to cut the tab off regardless of what sway bar you choose.

Just looked up the cost of the BMR and it's almost double of what the Whiteline costs. I can't comment on the BMR piece but the whiteline one is high quality and works well.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread