Drag Strip results!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I had a great time in Rockingham today, pretty good weather for a day at the strip. Sunny, 80 degrees, great track prep, and no lines! I made 6+ pass's, here are the results...

IMG_9145.gif

I have vids of most of these pass's, should have them uploaded tonight. My car is stock, except a magnaflow catback exhaust that was installed yesterday, 800 miles. I also changed out the oem transmission fluid for RP. She performed flawlessly, couldnt be more impressed with this car including the transmission. Every pass was 117mph, and a 1.9x 60ft, and was either a 12.3 or 12.4. I had 2 other pass's but I let out after the launch, spun too hard and just let the car take a 1320ft cool down ride :-D. If I pushed the stock tires too hard then they just spun. DA was probably 1500ft+, will post up once drag times updates today's weather. There was a stock 11/12 GT that was running all day as well, trapped 113mph.

I made a few baseline dyno pulls on a local mustang dyno, which reads insanely low...

IMG_9146.gif

I knew the #'s would be horribly low, but I simpled wanted to see what she did bone stock, and then after I installed LT headers, cai + tune. Hoping to pick up 40whp+. Regardless of what the dyno read, I trapped 117mph 6 times in a row.

Not sure if anyone wants to know, but the oem catback weighs 71lbs, and the magnaflow street catback weighs 49lbs, which shaved 22lbs :rockon:

The magnaflow catback is peeeeerfect, not too loud, zero drove, and f'ing rocks at WOT :dancenana: I'll try to get the vids posted tonight :beer:

here's a few vids, missing one of my 12.3's and another 12.4...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1j5Y9U38M"]2012 Boss 302 at the drag strip - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

chancejat

Established Member
nice to see someone who can drive a new boss.....what technique did you use to launch?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I just eased into the throttle and slipped the clutch a little/tiny bit leaving around 1500 or so. I tried to shift at redline every gear. The tires were barking all day going into 2nd and 3rd gear :-D

Last edited:

94COBRA#22

Established Member
Good stuff man! Our MPH was real close! I may do headers CAI and a nasty tune and go race All Motor at MIR in a few weeks...

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Yeah, your 12.2 was the best I've seen on street tires, was hoping to get there as well but I was happy with my results. MIR should be nice this time of year.

My first pass was 117.99.....I swore I was going to break 118 all day, but it just didnt happen. I think these cars have potential to go 12.0-12.1 with perfect conditions (negative DA/Cooler temps), and a better launch.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You must have been that guy I talked to yesterday. Im the guy you smoked in the blue 01 cobra. :)

Good runs.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Nice driving. I thought about riding down as it was so nice out yesterday but I just had too much to do around the house.

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
I had a great time in Rockingham today, pretty good weather for a day at the strip. Sunny, 80 degrees, great track prep, and no lines! I made 6+ pass's, here are the results...

IMG_9145.gif

I have vids of most of these pass's, should have them uploaded tonight. My car is stock, except a magnaflow catback exhaust that was installed yesterday, 800 miles. I also changed out the oem transmission fluid for RP. She performed flawlessly, couldnt be more impressed with this car including the transmission. Every pass was 117mph, and a 1.9x 60ft, and was either a 12.3 or 12.4. I had 2 other pass's but I let out after the launch, spun too hard and just let the car take a 1320ft cool down ride :-D. If I pushed the stock tires too hard then they just spun. DA was probably 1500ft+, will post up once drag times updates today's weather. There was a stock 11/12 GT that was running all day as well, trapped 113mph.

I made a few baseline dyno pulls on a local mustang dyno, which reads insanely low...

IMG_9146.gif

I knew the #'s would be horribly low, but I simpled wanted to see what she did bone stock, and then after I installed LT headers, cai + tune. Hoping to pick up 40whp+. Regardless of what the dyno read, I trapped 117mph 6 times in a row.

Not sure if anyone wants to know, but the oem catback weighs 71lbs, and the magnaflow street catback weighs 49lbs, which shaved 22lbs :rockon:

The magnaflow catback is peeeeerfect, not too loud, zero drove, and f'ing rocks at WOT :dancenana: I'll try to get the vids posted tonight :beer:

Impressive, Nice times..

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Haha, I remember staging beside of a blue Cobra. Good to see you out there :beer:

Ha thats the only time you saw me. Maybe next time I will have something for ya. :banana:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
here's a vid of some of my pass's :banana:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1j5Y9U38M"]2012 Boss 302 at the drag strip - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread