Drag slicks, and torque boxes.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I am going to be running some ET Streets this year, and wondering who is running slicks with, or without torque boxes installed, and if not any problems that arose with the slicks. Search is down. Thanks.:beer:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
1 outing on slicks shouldn't tear them. However, I would get someone to weld up the stock torque boxes to reinforcement before the next outing. YOu don't need aftermarket boxes just put a bead all the way around the stockers.

-Mark

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
as long as you are not using solid upper control arm bushings you should be fine but as mentioned it cant hurt at least weld up the stock ones nxt time you have the carpet/control arms out. .

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
As long as you has stock suspension you should be fine. If you have solid control arms it would probably not last. I have ran slicks on my foxbody for years with stock control arms and no welding on them and have never had an issue. I would atleast weld them. I didn't but I would. I had stock control arms with drag launch springs on it. I was cutting 1.6 60ft on stock suspension and 26x8.5x15.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
Its a cheap upgrade that could save you a lot of agg. and time if they do tare. I got mine done. I purchased the UMI kit, bolted it in then welded it and also welded the factory ones like stated. I alos installed Steeda Sub-frame connectors which also have a rear lower torque box brace. Trying to move a heavy car of the line with full slicks could hurt them, in my opinon its worth it.

Venom351R

Established Member
I had some TQ Box reinforcement plates welded onto mine last year. Will be running slicks this season

Users who are viewing this thread