Drag Radials

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
Nitto NT05R's 305/45R18 vs Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II 305/45R18 vs Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S 305/40R18

I have no idea what tire to go with. Does anyone have an opinion on which is better? Which have you run? With the price difference I am leaning more towards the Nittos currently.

My truck is a mostly stock 2004, just an intake and cat back.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
My truck and yours are a similar power level, for that I would just go with the little longer wearing Nitto 555R Drag Radial.

Mine would last at least 15,000km with occasional burnouts and drag strip nights. With the air dropped a little and a modest burnout they would dead-hook at the track.

Anything like an NT05R or MT is probably trading tread life for traction you will never use.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
I liked the MT better than the nt05rs but they were both pretty good tires. I would do either one again and if mile life isn't a big deal those are your best bet. don't use the nitto 555rs I didn't like them at all.

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
Thanks for your replies. It looks like I may have found a set of 16" Baja's and MT ET Streets for about the same price of just the tires in 18" so I think I'm going to go that way.

Dusten

Established Member
I'll throw this out. The ET's at the track will hook much much better than NT05r's but will not live as long. My nitto's lasted about 3000 miles and would hook under about 20mph. I currently on regular NT05's and can't hook under 50.

Users who are viewing this thread