Drag Radial Suggestions?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I realize Nitto and Toyo are under the same ownership but I wish someone with some insider information would post a list of what the real differences are in compound etc

R888R, 555R, 555R II...

I had the NT05R a couple years ago and wasn't impressed, but I was on Eibach Sportlines and the car was a stick.
The R888R is a road race tire. Soft tread, but stiff sidewall. It wasn't made for hard launches. We just use them like that because we're a little odd.

The 555R is the original Nitto dead radial. They stopped making it a few years ago and replaced it with the 555RII. I've heard it's a lot better than the old one, but I haven't tried it yet.

robvas

Established Member
The R888R is a road race tire. Soft tread, but stiff sidewall. It wasn't made for hard launches. We just use them like that because we're a little odd.

The 555R is the original Nitto dead radial. They stopped making it a few years ago and replaced it with the 555RII. I've heard it's a lot better than the old one, but I haven't tried it yet.
Right, I know that. The NT05R is discontinued too. I just want to know what's really the difference between the 555RII and the TQ in the same size

01yellercobra

Established Member
My guess would be preference. Same with similar sized blowers. We go with what we like.

If you're looking for chemical make up, I doubt you're going to find it.

OX1

Established Member
I loved the M/T's at the track, but even those are useless to me on the street in first.
315 on a 10 inch wheel. I Even tried to heat them up a decent amount, then hit it nice and hard in first. Would have spun forever if I didn't let off.

It wasn't that they weren't nice and sticky, picked up all kinds of shit on the way back to garage. I switched back to Nitto's for the street, as they at least handle OK, where the M'T's are dismal in handling.

20171012_202311.jpg

20171013_164503.jpg

20171013_164512.jpg

20171013_164541.jpg

robvas

Established Member
My guess would be preference. Same with similar sized blowers. We go with what we like.

If you're looking for chemical make up, I doubt you're going to find it.
Would not be surprised if it's not all just marketing...

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm sure there's small differences that affect how they work with different suspensions. I'm sure that goes way beyond the level we're at though.

Users who are viewing this thread