Drag karts?

Recon

Established Member
I’m not that crazy about drag racing but this looks awesome!
One of them is a low 9’s kart in the 140+MPH range.

Pick your poison.

prs97

Established Member
Looks like the driver is dead meat if that thing gets sideways and hits the wall.

Aside from that, looks like a blast

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That was pretty bad@$$, but this is more entertaining LMAO. Some of these dudes went flying. Holy crap, I was ROFLMAO at the 5:51 mark!!!

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Kart racers are some seriously unhinged mofos. It's like they're cranked up on the same nitro=methane those two-stroke mills are burning, but triple distilled and loaded with methamphetamine. They put their asses in those seats and it's like they lose all rational thought and knowledge of kinetic physics. Doesn't matter how old or young, they're out there to win, every time, every race, and the Devil take the loser.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Years ago I worked with a kid that was into kart racing. Crazy stuff. He had a shifter kart that could do something like 120mph. And he was one of the slow ones in his group.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

tistan

Established Member
It's probably a pretty economical way to go fast. Get any 1000cc motorcycle engine and trans for $1k. Build frame, no suspension, hit of nos, and add little tires that can't cost that much. I bet you could be under $5k and it doesn't take up much storage space or a trailer.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Some of those are crazy fast. i remember watching them go at the Riverside Raceway. Some of the full tilt layout karts were turning in faster lap time then the NASCAR guys could do.

Users who are viewing this thread