Dr Color Chip

mariusvt

Established Member
From what I've seen it's an easy option that does a good enough job. Obviously with any touch up the closer you get to it the easier it is to see. Problem with touching up these days is so many paints are pearl and heavy flake with a base, mid and sometimes tinted clear that make an invisible touch up almost impossible.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Spending a little time on their website, it seems to be a product worth trying. My wife's Acura has a small rock ding that I might try to fix with this. Check out the last video, too, showing their headlight restoration product.

From their website.

Before-After5.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-Before-and-After.png

Headlight Restoration Product

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I think it’s worth giving a shot also. Red fire may be hard to match but we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coosawjack

Established Member
I tried it on my Race Red 2014 car........poor results and I tried it dozens of times.....so I'd give it a (n) from me!! :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What exactly was poor? How poorly it filled the area? Removing the touchup paint from your regular paint? How big was the chip (?) you were trying to fill? Thanks for additional info in advance.

Coosawjack

Established Member
It fills the chips but with FLAT PAINT.......then you have to try to clear it so it looks good......NO LUCK so I just use the factory color pen and wipe with a squeegee....works better IMHO!!

Not sure if you could put wax on it to shine it up......never went that far!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It fills the chips but with FLAT PAINT.......then you have to try to clear it so it looks good......NO LUCK so I just use the factory color pen and wipe with a squeegee....works better IMHO!!

Not sure if you could put wax on it to shine it up......never went that far!!
Thanks for that info. I'm still now undecided what I want to use to fill my wife's chip in her new Acura.

Stangra

Established Member
Spending a little time on their website, it seems to be a product worth trying. My wife's Acura has a small rock ding that I might try to fix with this. Check out the last video, too, showing their headlight restoration product.

From their website.

Before-After5.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-Before-and-After.png

Headlight Restoration Product
I just bought this stuff and tried it out on my Deep Impact Blue '14.
Like you, I checked out their website and videos in detail before buying.

Don't expect miracles and you may not be disappointed.

Notice in the before/after pics how the camera angle carefully avoids having the light reflecting on the exact spot of the chip repair and misleading the viewer to believe it's now invisible. It's not. That being said, depending on the size and depth of your chip, and your patience and skill level, it can be made a bit less conspicuous. The paint will shrink when dry, so wiping flush after a couple minutes according to the instructions will not leave a flat surface. I spent several hours on one deep chip/scratch about 1/16" x 3/4", dozens of repeated apply & wipe cycles, to fill the repair to near surface level. I used one of the pipettes in the kit to carefully apply the wipe solution around and right up to the chip edge without disturbing the touch-up paint in it. I do think after all this it made a difference, especially from a distance or from the right point of view, but the damage is still not hard to detect. The color is close enough but surface texture will give it away. The instructions say to wait 30 days before machine polishing, I'm hoping if the fill-in is flat enough and full enough that this will improve things some more.

The pics and videos showing a 5 minute flawless fix... NOT realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread