Doug finally reviewed the 2000 R

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
He should probably stick to new more exotic car reviews that the average car guy knows little about and will most likely never see in person. Reviewing older enthusiast cars is opening the door to a beatdown in the comments. I mean, at least cover the high points. I don't believe he mentioned the IRS in this vid or the terminator vid yet minutes were spent on the interior which is little to no difference across the model lineup.

I doubt his audience cares though...
He didn't mention the IRS once. I don't mind the guy too much, but also don't really see the appeal of his content. It's surface level at best, and sometimes outright wrong or misinformed.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
He complains about lack of sound deadening in what is essentially a factory-built track car, but then raves about an STi? I've ridden in/driven 3 generations of STi. When I close the door, it goes "ping" instead of "thud." But sound deadening in a Cobra R is a problem. Interesting.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Moral of story

You buy a 00 Cobra R just to say you have one and prove that your wallet is bigger.

You definitely don't buy it to win races (because you won't drive it anyway -- and it's slow). It's not to have the newest muscle car, not to have the nicest creature comforts, certainly not to have the most horsepower, not to have the best handling, you get the idea.

At this point, it's just a novelty for some reason that ill never understand other than what's noted above.

MFE

Established Member
I can't listen to that stupid mother****er. I got 10 seconds in, I just can't.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I do enjoy some of his reviews, but yeah, most of the time I feel like he has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

blk02edge

Established Member
To be fair, he has to research every single car he does, he's not a one directional forum dweller that obviously knows the history on every bolt put on a Cobra...

That said, he is real annoying

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I’ve never been impressed with his reviews and don’t understand why he’s so popular.

There’s much better reviewers out there. I’ve been enjoying Throttle House, Everyday Driver, etc., and haven’t watched Doug’s videos in quite some time.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
He should probably stick to new more exotic car reviews that the average car guy knows little about and will most likely never see in person. Reviewing older enthusiast cars is opening the door to a beatdown in the comments. I mean, at least cover the high points. I don't believe he mentioned the IRS in this vid or the terminator vid yet minutes were spent on the interior which is little to no difference across the model lineup.

I doubt his audience cares though...
He also didnt comment on the 5.4L versus the standard 4.6L. That is usually something he would go bonkers on. Just commented on the "massive" intake manifold and cut in the hood.

robvas

Established Member
I’ve never been impressed with his reviews and don’t understand why he’s so popular.

There’s much better reviewers out there. I’ve been enjoying Throttle House, Everyday Driver, etc., and haven’t watched Doug’s videos in quite some time.
His whole gimmick is "wow look at this dumb button they put here hahaha"

Kevins89notch

Established Member
He should probably stick to new more exotic car reviews that the average car guy knows little about and will most likely never see in person.

Couple issues. First, he's basically done all the major exotics. Maybe some brand new, just hit the lot type exotic is still not reviewed, but he will simply wait until someone offers him the car for free to review. That's how he works. Next is, and I could be wrong, I think he's proven with view counts and such that some brand new fancy car doesn't always pull the same views as some older, rare, weird car.

Then you also have to remember, a lot of people here know the Cobra R extremely well. We are the odd ones. He gets 500K+ views on every video. Of those, very few likely knew they made 300, before seeing the video.

Users who are viewing this thread