Double Posting?

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I'm having a hard time reproducing it, tried several dozen posts and none double posted. I can't look into it until I'm able to trace it while it's happening.

Is there a trick to making it reoccur?

Zemedici

Established Member
not that I can tell, to be honest it seems rather random. I'll see if I can find the steps needed to make it reoccur. The multi-quote thing happens again as well. It occurs if you multi-quote, respond, then visit the page later, and quote a different post as if to reply, the previously quoted ones will show up.

- - - Updated - - -

matter of fact it just did the double posting on that post ^^ Only way around it is to click 'stay on this page' (vs leave page) and refresh

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I've still been unable to reproduce it.

My best guess is that it's happening at momentary peak server load times. I installed some updates and rebooted the server. I doubt that will help, but I'll check back this evening when things start to get busy and see if I can reproduce it then.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ok, it's happened to me 2 or 3 times this afternoon, but only posting from my phone. No issues on the PC today.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I was finally able to reproduce it with large wall of text and an attachment. It looks like it times out exactly at 15 seconds if the data has not posted.

Looking for solutions now

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
The problem is exclusive to to the quick reply box. If you want to avoid it, until I fix it, don't use quick reply.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I changed one of the queries to speed up the processing. It seems to work for me, at least the few times I've tried to trigger it.

Let me know if you guys notice it happening again.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I've tried extending the time out from 15 seconds all the way up to 1 minute and that didn't fix it. I've tried decreasing it to 10 seconds and no dice.

I have to dig in a bit deeper tomorrow.... I hate these kinds of problems.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMG_0604.JPG

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Well I think I've found the culprit and it should now be fixed.

the Quick Reply box is working super fast, even on posts with multiple attachments and walls of text.

Let me know if you guys experience any issues.. I hope I put this thing to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread