Double Posting?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I am seeing the same issue.

It takes much longer for the quick post to actually post and you get that POP-UP message to either stay on page or leave page this has become worse since the weekend

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am seeing the same issue.

It takes much longer for the quick post to actually post and you get that POP-UP message to either stay on page or leave page this has become worse since the weekend

POINT PROVEN

LOL I feel the same way.

Odd it just came out of nowhere, I wonder if there was a site update or something.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
i'm working on it... seems to be an AJAX issue, but tracking it down is a pain in the ass

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
AJAX short for asynchronous JavaScript and XML.. basically some code that allows for content/information to be sent/processed without having to reload the page... if you look at the quick reply posting, you'll notice that the page does not refresh, but the new post shows up.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I disabled the problematic AJAX, that should fix the issue. I'll see if I can isolate the problem and fix it, then turn the AJAX back on.

unfortunate side effect is that the quick reply now requires a page reload.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
It has, and I know they've been working on the system recently.

I was afraid of that... I originally fixed this issue by disabling problematic ajax (a setting in vB), the problem is that it caused image attachments posted in the quick reply box to attach as links and not display inline.
So I reverted the setting yesterday to fix the attachment issue and the double posting came back as a result.

I'll look into the root cause of this and fix it today.

Users who are viewing this thread