Double Dins?

GTIZZL

Established Member
I have that same one in my car and really like it. I'm not sure about the droid though, I just have my Ipod hooked up to it. Your able to control your whole ipod through the double din.

AdamSVT

Established Member
That's good news! The pandora is a really nice touch I may have to ditch the droid x and pickup an iphone! thx

hyelife2

Established Member
I have the same head unit in my car and love everything about it. I have Pandora playing on my Evo phone through an auxiliary cable.
Here's a crappy picture of mine:
imag0015sd.jpg

hyelife2

Established Member
Awesome Hyelife thanks that looks great in there!! May I ask where you bought it from?

I actually bought it from a friend of mine who had it new in box sitting in his garage. I pretty much stole it from him for $350.

AdamSVT

Established Member
Got the 4300 in my cobra. Does everything I want. Great hu for the price

Awesome good to hear!

I actually bought it from a friend of mine who had it new in box sitting in his garage. I pretty much stole it from him for $350.

Lucky haha! What does it all need to go into a stang? I know of the wiring harness but lost on what else.

jjscobra18

Established Member
Are you wanting to just change the headunit or the speakers as well. If just the head unit you will just need the wiring harness. Pretty simple, i set a relay on mine to bypass the parking brake and avoid having to flip a switch to watch video. Here are some pics installed

cobraindash3.jpg

cobraindash2.jpg

BigTang

Breakin' Stuff
Established Member
i can only imagine that would be a great head unit. I had the 3200 in my truck and liked everything about it, this one has the larger screen.

hyelife2

Established Member
As jjscobra18 said, I just used the wiring harness without any issues.

Another thing that I wish someone had cleared up before I got mine. Instead of using an ipod, I have a 500GB hard drive in my glove box for music and movies. It works REALLY well for me.

jjscobra18

Established Member
I never really answered your orignal question it is a great headunit I love mine as well! It almost looks like it is a factory option imho with the fit and finish and keys and monitor set to green. One of the best features is the ability to tilt the screen, having had a stationary double din in my previous stang this is a subtle figure that really makes a huge difference with the position the headunit sits at in the 01-04 (94-00 have to be swapped to a 01-04 console bezel to run a double din). Another thing too I do not know if you plan on ordering from crutchfield (that is where I ordered mine from), if you are they will send you everything you need as far as harnesses and the mounting bracket. If you are not ordering it through them you will need to get the mounting bracket to mount it in the din. Like jdh1213 said just load the photos to a usb and go under options under background and change it. You can only save one at a time, I keep a few different ones on my ipod to change it up every once in awhile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread