Door alignment??

mattletourneau

Established Member
I bought my car with 4 miles on it and when I bought it I told the dealer that the driver's door front didn't match the front quarter 100% perfectly. It actually sits in probably a 1/16 of an inch. The dealer told me to remember that it is a Mustang and that most Mustangs aren't perfect off the assembly line. My other door is perfect. Do your doors match perfectly with your front quarter panel??? Maybe I'm just too picky but I had them write it up so they have to make adjustments if necessary. The dealer said there is a chance it could get worse if they mess with it.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I've yet to see any mustang made in the last few years that have both doors aligned properly. I spent about 2 hours realigning both doors on my car.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I had the same problem with my drivers side door. I had the dealer re-align it. I few scratches and a couple paint chips later they got it done. Check your car when you pick it up!

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Isnt it amazing that after soooooooo many years in production {a good reason to justify perfection, not excuses} that the response we get when asking dealers about issues with our cars, we get the old "its just a Mustang" I can think of no other manufacturer be it cars, tv's, stereos, condoms, that does not IMPROVE its quality with age. Yes, we have the shiznit for a powerplant, but as far as build quality goes, when i get out of my car, and get in my wifes Mazda Protege P5, I feel like I am sitting in a BMW.
Saying its just a Mustang is just as stupid as having sex with a 30 year old hooker thats been having sex since she was 13 and it not be good...Practice should make perfect...
Lin

Where the hell did that alalogy come from?

03DSGSVT

Established Member
I am taking my 03 in to have a "few" things fixed in the near future, and one of them is the drivers door is not aligned properly. Not by looks, but because if you go to open it, it will resist, it almost feels like it is locked. You pull it a bit harder, and it will open... When you close it, you hear that it isn't closing properly, like it is either too high or too low on the latch.
The passenger side closes perfectly...

I am hoping this is something they can fix without messing anything up...?

Users who are viewing this thread