dont know if I should be sad or happy!!!

kokileo

red svt
Established Member
Hi like it says on top, I took my L to the dyno last monday and to be honest im not proud nor impressed with the numbers she laid down ... this was done on a dynojet my truck is bone stock and I think i ran into a crappy gas station with poor 93 octane because we heard her knocking on the high revs!!! Im not sugesting the low whp was aquired due to this because i know our trucks dont have knock sensors and do not retard timming cause of knocking but never the less detonation still robs power out of your ride.

She laid 320whp and 375wtorque , when she shifted gears jumped to 465whp and 534wtorque of course the dyno recorded this as the highest whp on the pass but its not the actual power down the curve, the pass was done on third gear and no smoothing on the dyno graph . Now I wish to hear your comments on my truck is this ok or my L is weak!!!

4a7191a

Established Member
thats not bad for bone stock, to much timing would cause upper rpm knock, plus we dont have knock sensors, so get some mods and re-dyno and maybe pull some upper rpm timing out. also have you changed the fule filter? if its simi old it wouldnt help to change it out due to the bad gas.

Dark_5.0

Established Member
+1 on the fuel filter. These trucks clog the undersized fuel filter pretty fast. I change mine every 5K.

These trucks really come alive with a pulley swap, cold air intake, and a tune.

Another good maintenance thing to do would be to clean the stock intercooler. If you never have then you will be surprised how gunked up they get.

kokileo

red svt
Established Member
so this is normal for a bone stock L? the fuel filter has never been changed so ill do that, also the sc should be nasty never been cleaned... i have a 2.80 to instal a jlt intake and sct programmer along with tr6 to be installed is this any good ? will remove cats too

4a7191a

Established Member
for the price of a mid pipe check out the obx longtubes, thats what i ran. it was like 550 for headers and mid pipe. i even used the supplied gaskets with permatex gasket maker material. no leaks over a year after install and still looks good.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
no knock sensors? you 100% about that? they bolt on the block under the intake manifold im sure of it. Picked up 2 of them from advance for about 25.00 each. got me thinking now.

Users who are viewing this thread