Dont feel bad....

Video

Established Member
Greetings all, Im new to the forum and have a story you all can have a laugh with. Kinda long but here goes:

I ordered my 2003 black coupe on Feb 7th expecting it around early July or so. In June I attended a Mustang show at the dealer where I purchased my cobra and was greated with some great news...my cobra will be arriving in 8 days!!!! yeee haaa...man I was excited..couldnt wait...this is great....so 8 days goes by and no cobra...two weeks go by and no cobra...a month goes by and you guessed it, no cobra.....my salesperson kept sayin any day now...any day now. So finally I went down to the dealer towards the end of july and said "whats up?" and thats when I was hit with the news.....IT WAS STOLEN!!! yep..thats right...STOLEN....no, not from the dealer lot, but from the ramp in NJ where they are unloaded from Dearborn!!!!! can you believe that one!! Ok..Ok..get a grip....something can be done...perhaps they can get one from another area? maybe the'll slip one more into the production run????? please???.......well, I think you know how this story goes...called my dealer they said "we did all we can, it sucks"...called SVT, the guy there said "that sucks, cant help"...called Ford customer support, they said "wow, that really sucks" So here I am patiently waiting for my second production run cobra to arrive. So if your one of the cobra owners with the vibe, or the pull, or a little brake dust build up, just remember....you could still be waiting!!!!!

P.S. dont mean to dig anyone with a problem, cause I know thats not to fun...just tried to lighten things up a bit for the owners with problems... thanx for your time...

Peace..

f4sfed

Established Member
I know the feeling. I'm beginning to wonder if there is something my dealer isn't telling me.

Gatorac

Established Member
Look around, you should be able to find one on somebody's lot. When the dealer scratched my first one, I found one the next day. I paid less for it too. I drove 3 hours to get it, but that was the fun part.

Aharon

Established Member
That sounds pretty outlandish.

The more obvious thing that happened is the dealer got the car in, and sold it at a high markup. Ask for a police report :) This sounds alot more probable then the car being stolen on the ramp.

Video

Established Member
absolutely outlandish...but I saw the e-mails from Ford to my dealer and it seemed legit....they didnt seem like they were covering up anything, but still...It was a little hard to believe...

f4sfed

Established Member
I JUST talked to my sales guy....he said that my car was one of the ones "held". They shipped some last week, and will be shipping some (or the rest of them) this week. So (once again)....I wait. :(

Jake

Established Member
That really sucks Video :(
I kind of know how you feel, mine wasn't stolen but becuase of a mix up I am now waiting for the 2nd production run. I had ordered my 03 Cobra in Febuary, a silver coupe with chrome wheels. I received a phone call from the dealership in early august that a silver coupe was coming on Aug 16th BUT it had the regular wheels. I was told that a second silver coupe was coming early September and it would have the chrome wheels. I figured that I have waited this long might as well wait a couple of weeks and get the wheels I wanted. Big Mistake!!!! I was up at the dealer on Monday to drop of my Lightning because it delveloped the famous I/C leak. While I was there I happened to run into the owner ( who is a very cool guy ) He told me that the chrome wheels won't be available until Febuary if at all. Anyways I was told that my car is now being built on Sept 9th and I should get it a few weeks after that. I live in Canada and am praying it doesn't snow before I take delivery.

Hang in there bro we will get our cars eventually :p

SB 03

Established Member
called them and talked to a guy, he said he didn't know anything about it but he could check into it, and he also said he would check into the pricing, he said they sell everything at msrp, and wasn't sure where that price came from aye:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread