Done with this ride quality and turning radius, HELP

jworason

Established Member
More lowering and suspension questions. So, I installed Belltech drop spindles and rear shackles and hangers years ago. At the advice of the technicians at Belltech I went with their Street Performance shocks.

Here's the problem, the ride sucks with these shocks. Don't get me wrong the handling is amazing, but the ride quality suffers to say the least. Again, the technicians at Belltech have suggested the Nitro Drop 2 shocks for a better ride. I think at this point I trust the experience you guys/gals here. So what is a good shock for a better ride with 2" drop spindles and a rear drop of 3"

Also, the turning radius is gone and if I turn too sharp there is a popping in the front end. Is the answer to this question a bump steer kit or is it inherent with drop spindles.

I have been dealing with both of these issues for a few years now and I am ready to remedy the issues. HELP PLEASE?

Nate5821

Established Member
You need clunk washers to solve the popping issue. In the mean time, dont turn the wheel unless you are moving, and dont put it to full lock, this usually keeps them from popping.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Hey man, I've been working really close with Brian at Stifflers in developing at set of shocks/coilovers to go along with his new control arms, and we came up with something that rides extremely nice and has a good stance. The Ridetech shocks we use are built by Fox Racing, they are a billet aluminum, monotube shock, that give you alot of adjustability and suspension travel. The shocks also have a 1,000,001 mile warranty, it's something that's designed to be beat on and last for you.

single-adjustable-stud_zps29bde1af.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
turning radius sucks due to the drop spindles, you need to grind down the steering stops. I got a carbide bit for my dremel and was able to take care of it, just do a little bit at a time though...grind some, turn the wheel to check clearance and grind some more (if you grind too much the tire can hit the sway bar at full lock.

I know what ya mean though, I couldnt even make a u-turn when I had two lanes to cross, multi-point turns to get into parking spots etc

jworason

Established Member
You need clunk washers to solve the popping issue. In the mean time, dont turn the wheel unless you are moving, and dont put it to full lock, this usually keeps them from popping.
Thanks for the info Nate, do I also need to grind the steering stops for the turning radius or does the washers help that as well? Do you know of a How to maybe with pics for the clunk washers. I will check Youtube now!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the stops still need to be ground down.

as for the clunk washers you remove the control arm bolt, put the new style washer on that keeps the bolt from moving around in the slot on the control arm and put the bolt back

Users who are viewing this thread