Done RXT, will 13-14 OEM clutch be okay

merkyworks

Established Member
I'm throwing in the towel on my RXT clutch, after 1.5+ years of stop and go city traffic I'm over it. Daily drive my car and the on/off engagement just makes the car a real pain in certain situations.

It seems like a decent amount of people are using a 13-14 OEM clutch and they are lasting without slippage but I'm still concerned about longevity if I go this route, don't want to be replacing a clutch every 10k miles. That's one thing I will say about the RXT, it grips good and I'm not worried about it slipping.

If the car sees 80% daily / 20% racing, has street tires, 3:73's and 650 wtq will I be okay?

Whats everyones thoughts on this?

merkyworks

Established Member
Driver ability......meaning from a stop I don't drop the clutch and floor it?

Cause sometimes when I'm at a stop light I have to leave really quickly to ummmmm get over a few lanes easily ;)

einehund

Established Member
I've got the 13-14 clutch on for the last 3 years and 25kish miles. I'm at 580 rwhp and over 600 tq. 3 season daily and the clutch is still smooth as butter. I wouldn't hesitate to do the 13-14 clutch again when this one wears out.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 13/14 clutch kit would be fine for your setup. The time it last is all dependent on how you drive it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Driver ability......meaning from a stop I don't drop the clutch and floor it?

Cause sometimes when I'm at a stop light I have to leave really quickly to ummmmm get over a few lanes easily ;)

See - you can drive, no worries there.

Stock unit will work, i think the unit you’ve got now is overkill.

merkyworks

Established Member
Stock unit will work, i think the unit you’ve got now is overkill.

Yeah I agree.

Naturally I told myself I need 750+ whp cause why not right. So the RXT seemed like the right pick at that time. When I got to 670 whp and felt how hard that pulls I realized that was enough power and called it quits. Oh well live and learn.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
13-14 for DD on any GT500 would be my rec. I essentially DD'd my Shelby for nearly 2 years with an RXT installed like OP and came to the same conclusion. Recently got a Taurus to beat around in so Scarlett has been promoted to weekend cruiser (at most). Dailying with that RXT was honestly becoming frustraiting, along with the sad state my trans is in too.

Im electing to send my RXT to McLeod for a full rebuild and upgrading my clutch master to a 13-14 aluminum unit. Ill be sure to tell McLeod their driveability claims are hogwash and see what they say haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread