Dogs

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Only at her and no one else?

Might be an underlying medical issue with the dog. Maybe take it to the vet and have them run some blood work before getting rid of it.

We got one of our best rescue dogs ever from a similar situation, the dog was aggressive towards the new husband and would not let him near the new baby. He wasn’t a boxer guy anyway but he had pugs, so he insisted on getting rid of the dog. We had the same Vet and we got a call to take the dog in. Such a wonderful dog.Turns out the mother had cancer and she died a year and a half after we got the dog. Dogs are telling us something, we just have to figure out what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
No, he's growled and barked at other children and smaller women. He's never been hit or abused or anything just changed in him in the last couple months. Do not

Only at her and no one else?

Might be an underlying medical issue with the dog. Maybe take it to the vet and have them run some blood work before getting rid of it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
No, he's growled and barked at other children and smaller women. He's never been hit or abused or anything just changed in him in the last couple months. Do not

Can't hurt to at least get him checked out. Could be that the dog is a dick and training could work, or it's in pain and doesn't know how to act.
Especially since you spent good coin on it. What's a few more hundred to get blood work/him examined.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I'm in total agreement with you... He's actually going to the vet early next week. I was just explaining what's going on. But if nothing changes he has to go, I can't risk him biting one of my kids or someone else's... He was trained by former law enforcement dog trainer. I'm not sure if it's fair to him either a lot has changed for my wife and I professionally and we're both working between 60 and 70 hours a week and Rottweilers particularly have bad separation anxiety and I think that might be what's causing everything.... Nothing is going to change with work for a few years.

Can't hurt to at least get him checked out. Could be that the dog is a dick and training could work, or it's in pain and doesn't know how to act.
Especially since you spent good coin on it. What's a few more hundred to get blood work/him examined.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in total agreement with you... He's actually going to the vet early next week. I was just explaining what's going on. I'm not sure if it's fair to him either a lot has changed for my wife and I professionally and we're both working between 60 and 70 hours a week and Rottweilers particularly have bad separation anxiety and I think that might be what's causing everything.... Nothing is going to change with work for a few years.

My dog is like having a mini rodeo bull in the house, so I always have to monitor the interaction with my son.

That’s a rough spot you are in, crazy that your dog is showing aggression towards your family.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
It's not like he's an ankle biter either....

33046.jpg

33103.jpg

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Yea man it's terrible but I can't have my daughter in danger. He acts the same way with my son like you're describing about yours playful but he can be rough because he doesn't know his own strength. .. It's totally different with my daughter. It makes her cry too because all she wants to do is love him. He's never shown one ounce of aggression toward me, I'm perplexed.

My dog is like having a mini rodeo bull in the house, so I always have to monitor the interaction with my son.

That’s a rough spot you are in, crazy that your dog is showing aggression towards your family.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in total agreement with you... He's actually going to the vet early next week. I was just explaining what's going on. But if nothing changes he has to go, I can't risk him biting one of my kids or someone else's... He was trained by former law enforcement dog trainer. I'm not sure if it's fair to him either a lot has changed for my wife and I professionally and we're both working between 60 and 70 hours a week and Rottweilers particularly have bad separation anxiety and I think that might be what's causing everything.... Nothing is going to change with work for a few years.

unless you find someone specifically to take it that dog will be put down is surrendered anywhere. If the vet gives a clean bill of health I would look for trainers in your area and I don't mean people like bark busters. The dog trainer we know here does therapy dogs and such, she has a lot of training in animal behavior/psychology as well. Someone like that might be able to ID what's going on

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Both guys simultaneously with a protein shake? Powerful evidence of some connection. Hard not to think the two are inexplicably intertwined. However, it would probably be best not to be too quick to jump to conclusions. Statistically it could still possible that it's pure coincidence. It's like Powerball. Long odds against it but every now and then it happens.

I plan to give Bruno the benefit of the doubt on this one.

On the dog thing all I know is that when the wife and I travel we pretty much wonder every day how the dogs are getting by without us. At the same time we hardly even bother to speculate on how the kids are doing. We have our priorities in order.

I knew typing that out that I would be the subject of some jokes. That’s aright though. I’m so confident in myself that it’s all good.
Everybody’s got an idol mine is me so **** everyone.

Typing this out at the gym training back with testosterone levels not previously seen by mortal men.

The end.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I actually emailed a local woman last night who specializes in this and I'm waiting to hear back. And also as far as a place for him to go I've been in touch with his breeder and she could PLACE him if this can be corrected.

unless you find someone specifically to take it that dog will be put down is surrendered anywhere. If the vet gives a clean bill of health I would look for trainers in your area and I don't mean people like bark busters. The dog trainer we know here does therapy dogs and such, she has a lot of training in animal behavior/psychology as well. Someone like that might be able to ID what's going on

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea man it's terrible but I can't have my daughter in danger. He acts the same way with my son like you're describing about yours playful but he can be rough because he doesn't know his own strength. .. It's totally different with my daughter. It makes her cry too because all she wants to do is love him. He's never shown one ounce of aggression toward me, I'm perplexed.

I understand. Tough spot indeed.

+1 on this.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Putting a dog down is one of the hardest decisions to make.
While I was still young, we had to put down both of our dogs that I mentioned earlier in this thread, due to health problems. That was the saddest ride home for me and my dad, we both didn't say a word on the way home.

Hope you don't have to do the same, but when it comes to the safety of your family you gotta do what you have to do man.

My mom inherited a dog from my grandmother, and he is the funniest/coolest little Schnauzer ever lol. He's like a stubborn old man(11 years old) but lovess to play like he's a pup still lol.

Recon

Established Member
Long post, apologies in advance.
Some days they make me want to pull my hair out, other days I can’t imagine what life would be without them. I lost my girl (large female black lab) over a year ago and to this day I miss her and think about her often. The one that passed before her is the dog in my avatar picture and my username. To this day I can’t talk about him without getting choked up. He passed in 2014.
In my time on this planet I’ve only not had a dog for 16 days of it. I agree with @Smooth I find the company of a dog more enjoyable than the vast majority of people. Though I’m also the person who only has a handful of friends (@Revvv to name one on here), so take it for what it’s worth. With that said I’ve had many dogs and one thing I’ve learned with each one is I begin to dread the day their time comes. Compared to our lifespan theirs is so short. The only flaw with a dog is that, and even then it is something they cannot have a say in. It’s just the hand they were dealt. I wish they could live longer, but it ultimately won’t happen.
My current two I’m keeping a watchful eye over. Some on here that follow the dog thread know my little fella is becoming fragile in his sunset years, much to my concern. He’s on medicine for his liver and a very special diet. It’s expensive but it’s a small price to pay if I can enjoy his company longer.
On another note I found out a few years ago that I was in fact allergic to dogs. I knew I was allergic to cats, but not dogs. The doctor insisted that I try to reframe myself from them, but I adamantly told her three I had at the time are here to stay so put me on whatever medicine I need to be on to be around them. My love for them is greater than my body’s rejection of them.
My name, Connor, means lover of dogs so it’s basically a requirement to be ate up with dogs. With that being said I pity the poor bastard who tries to have my dogs for dinner. Unfortunately the world may not ever hold them in as high regard as some of do.
Cats were put on this planet so man would know he isn’t the center of the universe; Dogs were put on the earth so man would know unconditional love.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread