Dogs and the 4th of July

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I had one boxer that was gun-shy due to someone committing suicide in the same apt when my dog was there, my last two didn’t give a crap about fireworks, thunder, or anything loud outside. Looking at a new pup this coming week, hope he turns out good. It’s too quiet around the house

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MFE

Established Member
upload_2021-7-4_9-37-10.jpeg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had dogs that's dgaf(German shepherd) and an aussie who doesn't care for it.

They'll live either way.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't mind the fireworks and my dog is used to gun shots but last night some ignorant neighbor was shooting off mortars or some kind of big stuff every couple of minutes until 1 am. Just have some mutual respect and wrap it up by 11 pm. My neighbor, a 3 tour Vietnam Vet. was ready to go all Carlos Hathcock on them.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I have to admit that I am a bit surprised that some of you shrug off the vets with pets. Sure it can be a fake agenda to get it all to stop. However, there could be someone living a street over (that you have no idea about) that has legit issues from war. What if it is for that person? You have some serious issues if you still fire them off knowing that someone fought for our country and is in hell these couple of days and you're out there "having fun." That is straight up disrespectful as hell.
As a vet with pets…it is the vet’s responsibility to prepare for this time of year. Being in this timeframe of history, I very much appreciate the respect etc., that the general citizenry shows, as opposed to the Vietnam era. So I say let them celebrate this country as they see fit, I will take the necessary precautions for myself and pets.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I had one boxer that was gun-shy due to someone committing suicide in the same apt when my dog was there, my last two didn’t give a crap about fireworks, thunder, or anything loud outside. Looking at a new pup this coming week, hope he turns out good. It’s too quiet around the house

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

We have boxers, 2 older. Picked out to boxer pups from seperate litters last week.
Our older dogs get "drugs" on the 4th and New Years.
Live in Georgia, no one GAF about HOA Karen

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
because it bothers you and the other assholes here

You didn’t make your PTSD comment because it bothered me, you made it because you are a special breed, but I digress. I don’t want to derail ops thread. I just felt the need to speak up on behalf of yet another set of people you tried to lean a rim on.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The smell of gun powder in the air…magnificent! Happy fourth you ungrateful colonist!

Users who are viewing this thread